The Student Room Group

Man kills wife and posts a picture of her body on FB

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Snagprophet
I dunno, it would make more sense to simply punch her in the face and go to the police if he was being abused. If she was punching him why would he shoot her rather than beat her up/stop her? I don't have any sympathy for him or his actions. At least police could've questioned her and used a lie detector if she was alive. He has no chance of getting off here. It could be he bottled emotions up and somehow he expressed himself by getting a gun and shooting her.

Now his child is effectively an orphan since he's going to jail.

I'm not saying his actions were rational or justifiable. I'd never say that. I simply agree that there could be more to the story than first meets the eye. I can't imagine what their poor child is going through.
Reply 21

In the article you linked, there's solid evidence; documents of injuries, a restraining order and witness account. It's easy to see why the jury acquitted her.
If there's enough evidence that he was abused by his spouse in a similar way then I hope he is eventually acquitted or has his sentence reduced.
Sad for her, him, and the daughter

Perhaps it would have been less distressing if he had simply posted a status and not taken a photo to add
Original post by S4LM4N
I've seen the photo and it's horrible.. this is so messed up

Hello S4LM4N,

I don't want to see the photo. I live in Florida and have a friend whose last name is Medina; he really loves his wife and would never ever kill her.

Some people should NOT have guns, though sadly these same people can use other weapons (such are knives) to kill.

People really need to learn how to communicate (even argue) effectively without wanting to hurt each other. My heart goes out to this lady and her family who are brokenhearted over what her husband did. :frown:

Peace
Reply 24
Original post by Ladyliesel
I'm not saying his actions were rational or justifiable. I'd never say that. I simply agree that there could be more to the story than first meets the eye. I can't imagine what their poor child is going through.

Probably not that different to other children of abused parents, murdered parents etc.
Reply 25
Original post by TenOfThem
Perhaps it would have been less distressing if he had simply posted a status and not taken a photo to add

I don't think so - or if he hadn't done it in the first place? Not showing the evidence wouldn't remove what he had said he did. Which is the point I think you're trying to make?
Reply 26
Wow, he mad
I dunno, it would make more sense to simply punch her in the face and go to the police if he was being abused. If she was punching him why would he shoot her rather than beat her up/stop her? I don't have any sympathy for him or his actions. At least police could've questioned her and used a lie detector if she was alive. He has no chance of getting off here. It could be he bottled emotions up and somehow he expressed himself by getting a gun and shooting her.

Now his child is effectively an orphan since he's going to jail.

Hello Snagprophet,

Violence is never the answer, whether it's punching/hitting/kicking or shooting. If he was being abused, then he should go to the police and file a restraining order against his abuser. Shooting her when she threatened to leave him however shows to me that her "abusing" him is not why he shot her. Personally, I don't think he wanted her to leave him...

Sad to say, many women around the world are abused by their boyfriends/husbands. When they threaten or try to leave their abusers, many are risking their lives and some end up dead. :frown: That is why it is so important for women to be careful who they date.

Blessings.
Original post by Christianlady
Hello Snagprophet,

Violence is never the answer, whether it's punching/hitting/kicking or shooting. If he was being abused, then he should go to the police and file a restraining order against his abuser. Shooting her when she threatened to leave him however shows to me that her "abusing" him is not why he shot her. Personally, I don't think he wanted her to leave him.

I know this, I'm simply debunking his excuse that she was attacking him.
what the hell??!!
I know this, I'm simply debunking his excuse that she was attacking him.

Understood. I agree with you, and yeah violence is never the answer.
Reply 31
This world is ****ed up.
People regularly kill other people, why does posting a picture make the act of murder more ****ed up? The photo isn't even that bad, it's just her slumped back with a bit of blood visible on her arm. It's not like she's been beheaded.

That's not to say it's not awful, just saying that murder is never pretty and it doesn't matter about the circumstances in most cases.
Seriously is there something in the water in Florida?

Casey Anthony on trial for the murder of her own daughter Caylee Anthony found not guilty
Ronald Poppo a homeless man was literally was nearly eaten to death by Rudy Eugene after allegedly taking bath salts
Trayvon Martin dies after being shot during a struggle with George Zimmerman who said he looked suspicious, When he was armed with ice tea and skittles,
Derek Medina kills his wife (circumstances unknown) and then posts about it on Facebook,

Seriously? Come on now.

I guess Disneyworld is off the cards this summer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending