The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

LLB Law Applications 2014

Hi,

I will be applying for law for 2014 and I was just wondering if they think I will be offered a place. I gained AAAAB in my Highers and have a lot of relevant work experience, so my personal statement should be good. I heard that Edinburgh only offer places to people with 5 As. Do I realistically have a chance of getting in?
Thank you so much in advance for replying :colondollar:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by sancho10
Hi,

I will be applying for law for 2014 and I was just wondering if they think I will be offered a place. I gained AAAAB in my Highers and have a lot of relevant work experience, so my personal statement should be good. I heard that Edinburgh only offer places to people with 5 As. Do I realistically have a chance of getting in?
Thank you so much in advance for replying :colondollar:

Edinburgh is certainly very competitive, but you don't have to achieve 5 A's to get in. This was obviously quite some time ago, but I got an unconditional offer for Law on AAABC at Higher. Things haven't changed overly much for law since then, so you certainly don't need straight A's! A strong personal statement and good predictions for your sixth year are very helpful as well, of course.

If you'd like to know anything else about the Edinburgh LLB, let me know. I'm sure I can help.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Thank you so much for the information. It's given me hope. Thanks again :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest