The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Hull Uni or Hull College???

I've been given an unconditional offer to study a foundation degree at hull college and this was the only course I applied for. I have since decided that I would like to go to the university and have submitted a clearing application form but if I am accepted onto this as well I don't know which course to take. The foundation degree at Hull college sounded more appealing at first because you can do a one year top up once you've finished to get a degree from it but Im now thinking id kinda like to go to university and make new friends, live in halls etc.
Reply 1
I'd recommend going to the University for more of an experience.

I wasn't a big fan of Hull College but I guess my opinion is biased.
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by itskimmy
I'd recommend going to the University for more of an experience.

I wasn't a big fan of Hull College but I guess my opinion is biased.

Yes, I agree. Hull College is, in my opinion, a substandard institution for degrees. I studied at Hull University for 6 years and taught at Hull College. I live in Hull off Newland Avenue not far from the university. Go for the university. It is far better than HC. I think you will regret it if you turn down the Uni in favour of HC. The total experience at the University is simply better. The social life is richer and the opportunities wider and more varied

Quick Reply

Latest