The Student Room Group

HELP to chose uni course

I have to apply to uni this year as it is my last IB year. I take : Psychology, English A1, Maths at HL, and History, Spasish, Biology at SL. Ichose just random subjects as i wasnt sure what I wanted to do in future, and now I haven't got a clue what course to go to in Uni.. Please anyone help to chose:frown: Give me some ideas maybe, what are the best courses for my subjects ..:frown:
Reply 1
Could do French or Physiology?
Reply 2
Do not go uni if you have no career choice. Tap a gap year, get work experience and take it from there! Trust me, theres loads of decent degrees but of your not going to enjoy it then you wont have a great time at uni.

Or you could use one of them career path websites to find what your interests clash with. Might help you choosing a degree which might help you follow the career of your dreams.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Valeriya VR
I have to apply to uni this year as it is my last IB year. I take : Psychology, English A1, Maths at HL, and History, Spasish, Biology at SL. Ichose just random subjects as i wasnt sure what I wanted to do in future, and now I haven't got a clue what course to go to in Uni.. Please anyone help to chose:frown: Give me some ideas maybe, what are the best courses for my subjects ..:frown:

Which of your IB subjects do you most enjoy? Why? What are your motivations for the future? Money, fulfilment or something inbetween? Also what grades are you expected to achieve?
Reply 4
Original post by physicso
Could do French or Physiology?

Not French as I don't know it at all, and it would be sort of useless .. don't like it. Physiology - what is it? is it like medicine course?
Reply 5
Original post by Zetharus
Do not go uni if you have no career choice. Tap a gap year, get work experience and take it from there! Trust me, theres loads of decent degrees but of your not going to enjoy it then you wont have a great time at uni.

Or you could use one of them career path websites to find what your interests clash with. Might help you choosing a degree which might help you follow the career of your dreams.

Posted from TSR Mobile

But mainly all those websites are mainly about A level subjects, do you know any that are specific to IB?
Reply 6
Original post by Productoflabour
Which of your IB subjects do you most enjoy? Why? What are your motivations for the future? Money, fulfilment or something inbetween? Also what grades are you expected to achieve?

Money and fulfilment. I would like to do something where you d have to travel but not too often, and maybe something where you d have to organize and host stuff.. I enjoy Psychology, but I hate research methods, thats why I don't want to do Psychology as a degree course. I love desiging things or do creative stuff, but I haven't taken any subjects for IB that could make me apply to uni on design course..:frown:
Original post by Valeriya VR
Money and fulfilment. I would like to do something where you d have to travel but not too often, and maybe something where you d have to organize and host stuff.. I enjoy Psychology, but I hate research methods, thats why I don't want to do Psychology as a degree course. I love desiging things or do creative stuff, but I haven't taken any subjects for IB that could make me apply to uni on design course..:frown:

What about Computer Science? You do Maths so you would;t struggle from that perspective. I'm sure someone on here would be able to tell you more about the subject than I.

Quick Reply

Latest