The Student Room Group

as results.. :( please read

okay so basically im on line to get aaa or aab
and basically ive kinda messed up this year due to stress, boyf ( not that he made me not focussed, fall outs made me depressed)
and i know this summer i wont get the results im capable of
i reckon il get three cs maybe bs
but is SO wanna go to a good uni

any advice?
ive heard about declining results?

i dont mind resittin ALL my exams, it would be hard work but im prepared for that. how do i go about it?

thanx

juicy x
If you don't want your AS results to go on your UCAS form, you can decline them by filling in a form you can get from your exams officer. Then you'll just put down your GCSE grades, 'pending' for the AS and A2 grade for each subject and your teachers will fill in your predicted grades. You can then do resits in January.
You can just resit certain modules too. Say you got module marks of A,B,D (not uncommon) you can just retake the one you got a D in, and if it goes up, it will bring your whole grade up. The modules marks are broken down like this on your results sheet, so you can easily see which ones to resit.
Also, just to say that you have my sympathy. I went through a very bad patch with my boyfriend during my AS levels, and it really did get to me. I had a lot of trouble concentrating, and far too much time worrying about him. I didn't really get much sympathy, but I had a very miserable and stressful couple of months. I hope you're ok, anyway. xxx
Reply 3
i think i'm gonna retake them all, coz like my jan modules.. mostly i got ds in them, i just couldn't revise.. coz even though i barely slept at all (most i used to get was three hours) i still just couldnt revise or work

but the thing is i love him too much to dump him, were still together now, although he has changed a lot we do argue still

sorry if this is like too much info as i barely know you, it's just, most of my friends have ditched me for being annoying when im always upset, and even though i dont know you, it feels good telling someone what im going through.. coz sometimes i js dunno what to do, i still cant sleep and have constant ehadaches, i feel like im always upset and i cant remember the last time i didnt worry or get upset about something.

and i cant believe i messed up this year.. and my parents arent really there for me either

and can you believe nytol sleeping tablets dont work?! how can a company make a profit out of selling things that dont work.. well not for me anyway!!

but thank you again, for being SO nice.

and.. you're from leeds? me too,, im at notre dame!

xxxxxxxxxxx
Reply 4
Ok this may sound harsh... but if ya b/f is upsetting you so much why on earth do you still love him?!!!
In the long term whats going to make you happy sucessful a b-friend or good set of results?!
Sorry but i know what i'd do if my b/f was making me feel like that!!!
Reply 5
Jaffa Cakes
Ok this may sound harsh... but if ya b/f is upsetting you so much why on earth do you still love him?!!!
In the long term whats going to make you happy sucessful a b-friend or good set of results?!

agreed
so Jaffa, Money more important than Love? :smile: Of course.
Reply 7
I felt exactly the same last year, and ended up only cocking up one of them! I was sure I had done terrible in them all, but you can't tell, just try and take your mind off it until results and then see if your results are a problem...trust me that's the best thing to do...I made myself ill worrying about them last yr!! Probably do the same this yr tho:p:
Reply 8
Jaffa Cakes

a lot of my friends fell out with me a while back, due to a situation with my dad that i couldnt cope with

my bf.. yes he does make me so upset, and stuff; and this probably sounds pathetic but he's the only one that can stop me from crying when i was upset

maybe u do know what ud do, but hes also my best friend and i have tried dumpin him... well we both called it off.. he od'd and i just simply couldnt cope

obvs i agree it would be the best thing to do

and inh the long run, i do want success. obviously, but without my boyf and bestfriend i cannot get success

my mum hates me. i never see my dad. and my friends ditched me.

Latest

Trending

Trending