The Student Room Group

If you find a wallet on the floor what would you do with it?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by snowyowl
The please station?

Lol typo
Original post by Secretnerd123
You are the sweetest person ever!!!!!
aww thanks! that's so sweet of you to say!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Zshoom
You returned you mum's driving licence? Faith in humanity restored.

and looool this made me laugh! But some would have not returned it and would have kept it and blackmailed their mum to give in to their demands. I'm a nice daughter :P
Reply 62
Take the wallet, every man for himself world.
Hand it into the police or if there is an address for the owner; send it to them :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
My friend got her flat broken into and they took her purse. A couple of weeks later, she got a phone all from someone, saying they'd found it in a car park and they arranged a time to get it back. Of course, the burglars took the cash, but everything else was still there :smile: when she told me, it made me smile.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 65
Eat it to hit my macros
I'd hand it in to the police station. Or a shop for example if I found it in there.
A month or so ago, I went to use a self checkout and someone had left their card in the machine so I handed it in.
I don't know why someone wouldn't hand it in unless they were pathetic and a low life. I panic at home if I misplace things, let alone losing it in the street, so it must it horrible losing it when you are out.
Reply 67
First check whether it's mine or anybody's whom I know. Once you know that your wallet's missing you start to panic and search for it - look out for people searching or seeming to search for something in the vicinity and hand it over only after a few probing questions. Hand it over to an owner if there are any details inside it.
Reply 68
I found a envelope of cash outside the door of a shop a couple of weeks ago. I have to admit I stood there for ages holding it thinking how much I could buy with it but handed it in to the manager of the shop with my phone number, telling them I would return at closing time and if no one had claimed it would report it to the police. It was claimed by someone who had withdrawn 2.5k to buy a kitchen.
I was not expecting a reward or anything but thought that, as I had left my phone number, a text saying thank you would have been the least he could do but no, nothing :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 69
I found a wallet on the bus last year. Full of credit cards, £120 in cash, a driver's license, and a condom :ninja:

Found the chap on Facebook and met him an hour or so later in the city centre. Returned the lot :smile:
Funny-ish story.. My friend lost her purse in the local shopping center and the person who found it mailed her back all her cards with an anonymous note but kept the purse and all the money! The cheek of them!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just last year a bloke of about 50 walked past me counting his cash (not really wise, it was quite a wad). He coughed quite violently and dropped quite a lot of it on the floor, didn't notice he'd done so and carried on walking. Immediate reaction was to get his attention and help him pick it all back up, while a chav on the opposite side of the road was looking at me as if to say "You're mental bruv, would'a nicked the whole lot". I don't understand how some people just lack even an ounce of conscience.
Reply 72
I have found a wallet before and it was by a car parked in the middle of the street. I just went around the whole street and asked if that was their car...until eventually someone said 'that is my dad's car'...I then said 'I think he has dropped his wallet' and handed it him. They were very thankful.

If not that simple I would probably try and get in contact with them myself before handing into the police. Maybe try and contact them through facebook or if I recognised their address.

I am overly helpful with people. Shame people aren't like that with me, every time I have lost my phone it has gone on ebay or been given to someone else. I am always certain that they will hand it in somewhere as well because most people are good honest people etc...when I told my friends about the wallet incident they all laughed and said I should of kept it(they are scummy though).
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 73
Original post by Secretnerd123
My dad lost his wallet years ago with all his money, passport, id etc and it got sent back to us because the person who found it very very kindly took it to the police station asap. Are there still people like this in the world?

Posted from TSR Mobile

About a month ago, I lost my provisional licence. Someone found it and took the time to come deliver it to me personally.
Reply 74
Look inside and if there's
a lot of money treat my friends :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending