Reply 20
Firm uni: University of Liverpool
Offer Grades: ABB
Course: Law
Actual Grades: A*AA
Uni/s applied to through Adjustment: Queen Mary, University of London
Offer/s received? Yes
Offer accepted? Yes
How easy/straightforward was it? Easy once you get through, it took a while. I also called up Durham and Nottingham like 200 times in a row, however, when I finally got through there were no places left.
Your reaction: Over the moon!
Firm Uni: University of Bristol
Course: Social Policy
Offer Grades: BBB
Actual Grades: ABB
Unis applied to via Adjustment: Sheffield for Law, Bristol to switch to Law, Manchester
Offer received: Sheffield Yes, Bristol had no spaces at all to switch and Manchester's lines were blocked all day I gave up
Offer accepted: Yes
How easy/straightforward was it? The offer from Sheffield was pretty straightforward and I got an email confirmation offering me a place straight away. However, getting the offer onto my UCAS to replace the Bristol firm took two days. People in the Sheffield admissions kept thinking I was a clearing student and wanted me to apply on UCAS, which is impossible via adjustment as there is no physical application. However, it was sorted out eventually, now today (day after results) it is confirmed on my UCAS and I'm off to Sheffield to study LLB Law!!!
Your reaction: very sad to leave Bristol as I thought 100% I was going there, however, Law at a Russell Group makes me very very happy and definitely glad I switched. I'm very lucky to get in as normally they require AAA.

:smile:
Reply 22
Original post by Ophelia :)
I was wondering if anyone could help me? I applied for a degree through adjustment at a different University to my firm uni. I phoned the University at around 10:30 on Thursday, and confirmed in writing (email), that I wanted to apply for the course through adjustment. I was then told to keep checking track, and to accept their offer within five days. My UCAS status hasn't updated to show the offer yet. Is this anything to worry about, or will it take quite a while?

It maybe that they're really busy with clearing plus they have to do it within 5 days as that's the time limit for adjustment. I would ring them Monday morning if nothing has changed over the weekend :-) best of luck x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Original post by Ophelia :)
Ok, thanks for the advice :smile:. Should I ring them tomorrow as their hotline seems to be open on Saturday and Sunday as well?

Yes tomorrow, I didn't realise they where open tomorrow lol :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Could someone please help me, I'm facing a little crisis and could sure use some help.

After getting my results, I seem to have done slightly better than expected, and I decided to register for adjustment on my UCAS Track Application.

I went to City University and started making some phone calls, and I was instantly redirected to the head of social sciences at City University, who took down my grades and qualifications, and immediately gave me a VERBAL OFFER at City University. He also took down personal details, such as my personal ID and email address.
However, I was told that I would be receiving an email from City University which would confirm the adjustment, and hence, would update my UCAS Track Application. However, 2 days later, and I have yet to receive an email.
I called back and they said that they would resend the email, but yet again, no email...

Does anyone know what I should do? I think tomorrow I'll just call them up every hour.

Firm Uni: Westminster Uni (UF)

Adjusted Uni: City University

Course: Financial Economics.
Reply 25
Original post by zen123
English Lit :smile:

Does anybody have any idea how to refer yourself to the uni?
You ring them up. See what people have said above.

Original post by WhereDidIPutMyCar
Firm uni: Sheffield
Offer Grades: AAB
Course: Biomedical Science
Actual Grades: AAA
Uni/s applied to through Adjustment: King's and Plymouth for Medicine
Offer/s received? No for King's still waiting for Plymouth!
Offer accepted? I will if they let me :P
How easy/straightforward was it? Once I finally got through, it was very simple. Just gave them my details and grades and they said they would get back to me when a decision was made.
Your reaction: Eugh, hurry up! :L

I need to remove Sheffield from track either way as I now plan on taking a gap year. Anyone know how to do this? I don't know whether I can do it online or whether I have to phone the university or UCAS.
You can withdraw your whole application online if you want to. It would be courteous to let Sheffield know direct that you are doing this. Clearly, you need to wait and see if Plymouth do make you an Adjustment offer because if they do the Sheffield place will be cancelled anyway, and you need a 'live' application for any Adjustment offer to be put through.
Reply 26
Original post by FaizanKauser
Could someone please help me, I'm facing a little crisis and could sure use some help.

After getting my results, I seem to have done slightly better than expected, and I decided to register for adjustment on my UCAS Track Application.

I went to City University and started making some phone calls, and I was instantly redirected to the head of social sciences at City University, who took down my grades and qualifications, and immediately gave me a VERBAL OFFER at City University. He also took down personal details, such as my personal ID and email address.
However, I was told that I would be receiving an email from City University which would confirm the adjustment, and hence, would update my UCAS Track Application. However, 2 days later, and I have yet to receive an email.
I called back and they said that they would resend the email, but yet again, no email...

Does anyone know what I should do? I think tomorrow I'll just call them up every hour.

Firm Uni: Westminster Uni (UF)

Adjusted Uni: City University

Course: Financial Economics.
This sounds to me like people not understanding the difference between Adjustment and Clearing. City need to send through the details of your offer to UCAS and that will update your Track. Ring City this morning if they're open, first thing Monday if not.
Reply 27
Hi was wondering if anyone else was having this issue, were i've been accepted by my adjustment choice which has been updated to unconditional on track, but has a little box saying you are now in clearing? any idea how to resolve this issue.
Original post by alice007
Hi was wondering if anyone else was having this issue, were i've been accepted by my adjustment choice which has been updated to unconditional on track, but has a little box saying you are now in clearing? any idea how to resolve this issue.

Mine says the same thing, I've just left it as I don't think it's anything to worry about at all :smile:
Original post by zen123
English Lit :smile:

Does anybody have any idea how to refer yourself to the uni?

Oh cool :smile: I really want to do an elective module in lit if I can! I don't know what refer yourself means! :ashamed2: btw, my track has now changed and I just got the confirmation of place email :smile:
Original post by Minerva
This sounds to me like people not understanding the difference between Adjustment and Clearing. City need to send through the details of your offer to UCAS and that will update your Track. Ring City this morning if they're open, first thing Monday if not.

I phoned UCAS and they cleared everything up.. Apparently, City had already sent the email and their was some confusion between clearing and adjustment, however, my details were on the system and UCAS quickly updated my track to show the correct changes. Although I received no email, UCAS had updated my track application anyway, and a new confirmation letter is on its way.
Reply 31
Original post by FaizanKauser
I phoned UCAS and they cleared everything up.. Apparently, City had already sent the email and their was some confusion between clearing and adjustment, however, my details were on the system and UCAS quickly updated my track to show the correct changes. Although I received no email, UCAS had updated my track application anyway, and a new confirmation letter is on its way.
Excellent - glad it's all sorted out now!
Reply 32
Original post by when she was 22
Oh cool :smile: I really want to do an elective module in lit if I can! I don't know what refer yourself means! :ashamed2: btw, my track has now changed and I just got the confirmation of place email :smile:

cool :biggrin:

it turns out the admissions officer made a mistake in the email she sent me. I didn't need to refer myself at all... got confused for nothing!!

my track changed today too!!! do you have any idea about colleges? I was told Halifax was the absolute worst and we can't apply for accommodation until next tuesday!
Reply 33
Original post by alice007

Original post by i-love-coffee
Mine says the same thing, I've just left it as I don't think it's anything to worry about at all :smile:

I had this too- I think that it must be because your original firm needs to be declined before the adjusted offer is added; hence for a brief few seconds you are without offer, and thus in clearing. I had a confirmation email through from my uni today, so I'm sure that it's nothing to worry about! As long as the status on your UCAS says 'your place at x to study y is confirmed' I think it's fine :smile:
Reply 34
Original post by emma2013
I had this too- I think that it must be because your original firm needs to be declined before the adjusted offer is added; hence for a brief few seconds you are without offer, and thus in clearing. I had a confirmation email through from my uni today, so I'm sure that it's nothing to worry about! As long as the status on your UCAS says 'your place at x to study y is confirmed' I think it's fine :smile:
Correct :smile:
Reply 35
Original post by Minerva
Correct :smile:

Thanks guys was worried for a minute !
Firm uni: Lancaster University
Course: Environmental Biology
Actual Grades: A*AB
Uni/s applied to through Adjustment: Durham University, for geography
Offer/s received? No, turns out the course was full!
Offer accepted? -
How easy/straightforward was it? Relatively, I just had to endure a lengthy wait of 4 hours to get through as would be expected on results day!
Your reaction: A bit disappointed x) I'll have to look elsewhere!

Congrats to all that received adjustment offers!
Reply 37
I phoned up Northumbria (I already have an UF from them) to switch courses this morning. They asked what qualifications I have then told me I'm not eligible without asking me what course I'm doing and what course I want to switch to. My Track says I have until 00:00 on the 20th to go through Adjustment, what shall I do now?
Reply 38
Firm uni: DMU (de montfort university)
Offer Grades: DMM
Course: Biomedical science
Actual Grades: D*DD
Uni/s applied to through Adjustment: Aston University
Offer/s received? yes
Offer accepted? yes!!
How easy/straightforward was it? It was quite easy, but the frustrating part was waiting for it to change on ucas track
Your reaction: over the moon :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 39
Firm uni: ​Glasgow School of Art
Course: Architecture
Actual Grades: A*A*A
Uni/s applied to through Adjustment: Sheffield, Manchester, Nottingham (all for architecture)
Offer/s received? 3 of them
Offer accepted? Sheffield!

How easy/straightforward was it?
It was quite easy with Sheffield, because they have the pre-registration form for clearing and adjustment. Then I was contacted via email and have to submit a digital portfolio. I received the offer the day after though phone.
For Manchester and Nottingham, I have to keep trying to phone them as the line was so busy. However, I don’t need to submit any portfolio and the offers were received on the same day

Your reaction: REALLY HAPPY because Sheffield is actually one of my 5 choices on UCAS originally, but I was unsuccessful (because of weak portfolio i think). That one day wait for the outcome was a torture for me kept checking my inbox and phone every 5 mins :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending