The Student Room Group

What did my ex mean by this? and what to do?

Long post is long:

My girlfriend and I broke up, badly. It was an intense, odd, loving, if relatively short relationship We had relentless, spectacular, adventurous sex, and held hands everywhere. Lots of fun too. She ended it properly, after several mini-breakups and then began looking for dates within hours. We have since hooked up a couple of times and then fell out quite spectacularly and nastily.

We tried to be friends, after falling out for a while, and then ended up having really amazing, beautiful sex and then spent all night talking. It was like we had never separated. It was amazing.

She refused to ever get back together, and I had a semi-date arranged which was only ever going to be a drunken hangout with an internet person. She then arranged a revenge date the same night, with a guy she had been talking to which was a proper date. She said she wouldn't have done so had I cancelled my date. She is seeing this guy again next week.

We were talking as friends and I said I didn't want her touching other guys (she had hugged him) and she said 'well there's no scope for friendship then'

She then texted me later:

'Give me love -ed sheeran, read the lyrics and listen to the music -beautiful' (this seemed to be some kind of message, but I'm unsure of the meaning of the song. From what I've read online I think it means she doesn't love me anymore, but I'm clinging on)

Then 'I don't like seeing you sad. You are doing amazing. I'm super proud of you. You have a job. you are doing X at uni, you look amaz...you should set up a [dating] profile to reflect your awesome points :)'

I told her that a girl named Sophie from work asked me out, and she said take 'take Sophie up on her offer'

Then I talked with her on the phone about other girls flirting with me in the office and she went mental and said she didn't want to talk to me anymore.

She sent me this text:

'Yes, talking with the skanks you work with backfired. Plus your cousin passing out your number. It's nasty. You stop dating sites (I had deleted all my profiles, even though she hadn't to prove my sincerity) and you start this ****. I clearly had feeling for it to bother me. I won't live wondering everytime you work if you are flirting with skanks or your cousin is passing details. Good luck with your job and everything else Don't contact me again. I wish for zero contact and won't reply.

I replied:

I'm not flirting. I'm not doing anything. I didn't ask my cousin to give me number and refused when it was given. You should trust me as I trust you. I still love you and want us to be together again. I won't be dating, and will not be persuaded otherwise. I won't send anything else.'' This was yesterday, and that's been it.

Part of the issue in our relationship was that she is looking for a long term stable partner (she being 35, and me being 27, a student and on the giro) , and being a conservative Muslim (socially, not otherwise) she finds my families various lifestyles unacceptable. She is also fairly irrational and asks things of me, that she doesn't do herself. I'm expected just to listen and sympathise even if what she is saying is completely and utterly wrong.

She is extreme hassle, and the irrationality is hard to deal with but I'm still in love with her. I'm not sure what she meant by the Ed- Sheeran song or how to procceed with this. I may sound like a total pussy, but I've never been happier than when with this woman (obviously not during crap like this)
(edited 10 years ago)
''Give me love like never before,
'Cause lately I've been craving more,
And it's been a while but I still feel the same,
Maybe I should let you go,''

Uhm, that sounds like love to me honestly, I don't see how that's falling out of love.

And then she sends you a nice text, but maybe ''
you look amaz...you should set up a [dating] profile to reflect your awesome points :smile:''

I guess this could have been some test for you to reply 'Oh no, I still love you, why would I set up a dating prof?' but then when you took her advice she saw that you may have moved on.

Pretty complex, but that's how I see it, as a test o.o
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Lord Frieza
''Give me love like never before,
'Cause lately I've been craving more,
And it's been a while but I still feel the same,
Maybe I should let you go,''

Uhm, that sounds like love to me honestly, I don't see how that's falling out of love.

And then she sends you a nice text, but maybe ''
you look amaz...you should set up a [dating] profile to reflect your awesome points :smile:''

I guess this could have been some test for you to reply 'Oh no, I still love you, why would I set up a dating prof?' but then when you took her advice she saw that you may have moved on.

Pretty complex, but that's how I see it, as a test o.o

Perhaps it was a test. I read online that it's about a guy who was still in love with his ex, but she's moved on, and combined with other comments I thought she meant that. I've texted her. She's ignoring it. I'll leave it now. The ball is in her court.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending