The Student Room Group

Do you need a reference for clearing?

I do not have a reference because I left it to late, and results day is on Thursday, I planned to go through clearing but I am applying through my school do I need a reference what happens if I don't have one?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Flounder1
I do not have a reference because I left it to late, and results day is on Thursday, I planned to go through clearing but I am applying through my school do I need a reference what happens if I don't have one?

Posted from TSR Mobile

A late application is the same as an application at any other time. It is possible to submit without a reference, provided that the institutions you are applying to are happy to accept your application without it. However, in practise the chances are you are going to need one and hopefully your school can provide that for you as soon as possible.

If you haven't yet got around to submitting your application then it is worth bearing in mind that Clearing will not instantly be accessible to you as soon as you press the submit button. It takes some time for UCAS to process your details and get it on the system, perhaps even a couple of days, so at this stage it's unlikely that you'll be in a position to enter clearing tomorrow. Get your application in asap, but realistically you're probably looking at being able to call universities on Friday or over the weekend at the earliest.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending