The Student Room Group

PGCE at Leeds University

Hi,

Does anybody know how many primary PGCE places their are in Leeds University. Also what is their interview process.

Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by Rose987
Hi,

Does anybody know how many primary PGCE places their are in Leeds University. Also what is their interview process.

Thanks

Nobody will know how many places there are, including the uni themselves, until the government gives them their place allowance around December/January. The common format of a teacher training interview is some sort of presentation for 5-10 mins, then discussing the presentation. You may have a group interview aswell as a individual interview with the tutors. That's a pretty common format for a pgce interview, you'll find out specifics if you get an interview with them.
Reply 2
Thanks Shelly for replying quickly. Would you have any advice for the numeracy and literacy skills test needed for a PGCE 2013/14. I'm a bit worried about the numeracy test as maths has never been my strongest subject.
Thanks
Reply 3
Original post by Rose987
Thanks Shelly for replying quickly. Would you have any advice for the numeracy and literacy skills test needed for a PGCE 2013/14. I'm a bit worried about the numeracy test as maths has never been my strongest subject.
Thanks

Get a gcse maths book and revise from that until the official new qts test practice material is released. The new tests in September are harder unfortunately, to gcse grade b standard so I've heard, so you'll need to revise a lot for them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending