The Student Room Group

Arsenal fans wake up?

Coming towards the end of the transfer window and Arsenal fans are starting to sweat. Not a penny has been spent and their main competitors have all strengthened in key areas. Liverpool and Spurs look like teams with greater depth, quality and confidence than Arsenal do - and despite what drones like Walcott and Oxlade Chamberlain (if that is even his real name) say, Arsenal need to strengthen if they are to be taken seriously. They lack experience, quality and depth and out of City, Spurs, Chelsea, United and Liverpool they have the most injury prone squad.

Even with Luiz Gustavo looking like a probable signing, I am sure Arsenal fans are not going to be confident going in to the new season.

Although I could go on for another 10 paragraphs talking about how awful Arsenal is, I just want to say that the fans get what they deserve. For the past two or three years you lot have been fed up by the so called American corporates ****ing you in the arse left, right and center. Yes, we hear you moan everyday on Facebook, Twitter, TSR, and certainly in the Emirates where you boo your own players. Your feelings are heard, but you do nothing about it.

When Liverpool fans had problems with the hierarchy, they went to the streets to protest - in their thousands. Chelsea fans who disagreed with the appointment of Benitez made themselves heard as well. But what do Arsenal fans do? Nothing. Perhaps they are influenced by Martin Luther King or Mahatma Gandhi, I'm not too sure myself, but I think this just confirms that they have the worst fanbase in the UK and no one else should have a shed of sympathy for them.

Rather than this "passive" bollox you ought to make your voices heard. It's bloody embrassing how the lot of you have bent over to let the Arsenal boardroom **** you in the arse. Not only have they ****ed you in the arse and got away with rape but they have done this for the past three years. The lot of you are divided on what is right and if I hear "Wenger out" one more time I think I'm going to break Wilshere's leg.

Rant over, ****ing annoying fans

Scroll to see replies

You again?

Reply 2
It's football; it doesn't matter. 'OMG players I'll never meet in my life and are mostly scum anyway haven't transferred omg, I'm so angry omg this is like my life.'
Reply 3
How's that all Slav football team of yours working out then?
Reply 4
Original post by Swanbow
How's that all Slav football team of yours working out then?

Arsenal will only get top four if they sign Edin Dzeko.
Reply 5
Original post by Nwakaeme
Arsenal will only get top four if they sign Edin Dzeko.

Yeah he is a contender

But Arsneal still has enough firepower and experience to finish top 4
Reply 6
This thread is about how Arsenal fans complain but refuse to do anything about their shambolic board, not whether they are good enough to finish in the top 4.

Try and keep on topic
Reply 7
arsenal fans are **** agreed because they are plastic they only started supporting arsenal when they had all those good players from france etc. when all of them moved on and they havent won anything the fans are showing their true colours eg booing their own players etc so yeh they are bad bunch of fans just a bunch of glory hunters that dont support their local team nd they will probably be city fans in a few years the way its going
Arsenal have never spent much, compared to the likes of Manchester United. Even when they challenged, Manchester United would still sign a £20million player every summer where as Arsenal wouldn't.

I don't support a Premier League team, but I'd love to see Arsenal win the title again. Why? Because they play the nicest football and unlike Chelsea, Manchester United and Manchester City, they don't spend money. Their academy is so good, it's full of technically gifted footballers, and in terms of finances (which is essential) Arsenal will have the last laugh.

OP have you only just started getting into football or have you never been to a match before? How Chelsea fans treated Benitez was a disgrace. If you want to boo and protest, then you direct it at the owner who brought him in. It wasn't Benitez's fault he was appointed manager and chosen to replace Di Matteo (who did nothing wrong).
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by andy41
arsenal fans are **** agreed because they are plastic they only started supporting arsenal when they had all those good players from france etc. when all of them moved on and they havent won anything the fans are showing their true colours eg booing their own players etc so yeh they are bad bunch of fans just a bunch of glory hunters that dont support their local team nd they will probably be city fans in a few years the way its going

Who do you support? As for you post. Complete pony. A club with glory supporters wouldn't sell out a 60,000 seater ground for a preseason friendly.
Reply 10
Original post by Soul of Mischief
Who do you support? As for you post. Complete pony. A club with glory supporters wouldn't sell out a 60,000 seater ground for a preseason friendly.

norwich born and bred mate supported them through every division unlike arsenal fans that just jumped on the bandwagon even if theyre from east london

oh yeah and selling out stadiums for preseason doesnt mean **** all when half of them are tourists does it
Original post by andy41
oh yeah and selling out stadiums for preseason doesnt mean **** all when half of them are tourists does it

I'm loving how substantiated this claim is.

Your posts certainly have a high level of credence.
Original post by Beatlemania
Arsenal have never spent much, compared to the likes of Manchester United. Even when they challenged, Manchester United would still sign a £20million player every summer where as Arsenal wouldn't.

I don't support a Premier League team, but I'd love to see Arsenal win the title again. Why? Because they play the nicest football and unlike Chelsea, Manchester United and Manchester City, they don't spend money. Their academy is so good, it's full of technically gifted footballers, and in terms of finances (which is essential) Arsenal will have the last laugh.

OP have you only just started getting into football or have you never been to a match before? How Chelsea fans treated Benitez was a disgrace. If you want to boo and protest, then you direct it at the owner who brought him in. It wasn't Benitez's fault he was appointed manager and chosen to replace Di Matteo (who did nothing wrong).

Arsenal's youth academy isn't the best in the PL. How many of Arsenal's youth players actually make it into their first team? I can only think of Wilshere and Gibbs in recent years... And before that it was Ashley Cole...
Original post by andy41
norwich born and bred mate supported them through every division unlike arsenal fans that just jumped on the bandwagon even if theyre from east london

Arsenal born and bred mate. Born in N5 and a 4th generation gooner. You can stick your superiority complex up your a**e. Reason we've got a lot of supporters from East London is because West Ham was a NF hotspot all through the 80's and so a lot of black people from East London support us as we're the closest club after that. We're actually the closest club to the traditional 'East End' as well. The Emirates is the closest ground to Hoxton, Shoreditch, Brick Lane, Bethnal Green etc

Arsenal got 50,000 plus at games back in the 80's. Always been the biggest club in the South.
Reply 14
Your obsession is delicious.
Reply 15
This column in the Mirror sums up Arsenal's transfer issues perfectly.

I can't understand the failure to land Higuain - the guy was available, would have joined Arsenal, ticked all the boxes in terms of fitting into Arsenal's system, would have cost £6m less than Suarez and has an outstanding goal record. But despite reports that Higuain deal was close etc, the fee issues with Madrid faltered. Suarez looks like he will stay at Liverpool but Higuain is the one I'd be most upset about if I was a Gunners fan.

Gustavo would be a decent signing as Diaby is too unreliable but alot, lot more is needed.
Original post by Kodi
It's football; it doesn't matter. 'OMG players I'll never meet in my life and are mostly scum anyway haven't transferred omg, I'm so angry omg this is like my life.'

Football is all that matters
Original post by LeoDiCaprio
Arsenal's youth academy isn't the best in the PL. How many of Arsenal's youth players actually make it into their first team? I can only think of Wilshere and Gibbs in recent years... And before that it was Ashley Cole...

Fabregas, Tony Adams, Martin Keown, Nicklas Bendtner, David Bentley.

They have a lot of excellent young players. They've just loaned one out to us. Arsenal do most things the right way.
Reply 18

Henry cost £11 million in 1999 (just short of Manchester United's club record signing).

Viera cost over £3 million, which certainly wasn't cheap at the time, even if it wasn't particularly expensive either.

Sol Campbell, one of the best defenders in the world at the time, was only free as he left on a Bosman. I don't know what his salary was, but doubt it was cheap.

Walcott cost about £10 million in total? Rather large for a 16 year old. That's more than Ronaldo cost Manchester United iirc.

Reyes transfer could potentially have been £17 million.

Wiltord was £13 million (club record at the time).

As for Arsenal's academy, how many of their current players, or recent departures, are from the academy? Walcott, Ramsey, Fabregas, Nasri, Oxlade Chamberlain....they were all bought.

And, as I suggested with Sol Campbell, "spending money" is more that just paying transfer fees.
Reply 19
Fabregas, Tony Adams, Martin Keown, Nicklas Bendtner, David Bentley.

They have a lot of excellent young players. They've just loaned one out to us. Arsenal do most things the right way.

In that same timeframe: -

David Beckham, Ryan Giggs, Phil Neville, Gary Neville, Nicky Butt, Lee Sharpe, Paul Scholes, Mark Robins and Darren Fletcher.

Plus the likes of Ryan Shawcross, Keith Gillespie and Robbie Savage who, though they didn't quite make it at OT, went on to become first team regulars at other PL clubs.

And both Fabregas and Bendtner were about 16 when they were bought by Arsenal? So most of their time as youth players were at previous clubs. I might as well include John O'Shea for Manchester United, if Fabregas is included. Or certainly Paul Pogba for Manchester United/a player who left Manchester United.

Yes Arsenal have produced young talent, but they are one of the country's biggest clubs with some of the best facilities, so you'd expect they would. Their academy certainly hasn't produced more young talent than the likes of Manchester United or maybe even Southampton in the last 25 years.

Quick Reply

Latest