The Student Room Group

So my course is in Clearing...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Superunknown17
The Uni of Manchester has my course (PPE) in their clearing lists but only available to international students, can that change to home and international students or will it stay as only international?

There is no transfer between home and international students. They are separate pools. Universities can take as many international students as they can accommodate, because there is no government quota. They have quotas for home students and can only go over then for students who get ABB+.

As to whether they add a list of home vacancies later, that depends on how many applicants miss their offers etc.
Original post by carnationlilyrose
There is no transfer between home and international students. They are separate pools. Universities can take as many international students as they can accommodate, because there is no government quota. They have quotas for home students and can only go over then for students who get ABB+.

As to whether they add a list of home vacancies later, that depends on how many applicants miss their offers etc.

Many thanks.
I have a conditional offer at Southampton for AAB, and my course is in clearing and they only want ABB in clearing. Does this mean if I get ABB from my results I'm safely in?
Original post by mushpantsbc
I have a conditional offer at Southampton for AAB, and my course is in clearing and they only want ABB in clearing. Does this mean if I get ABB from my results I'm safely in?

Pretty much yes (unless they want an A in a specific subject and you got a B in that subject)
Reply 24
Original post by Naami
*high five*! Tbh we didn't have an interview, just an applicant visit day where we saw the facilities and campus etc. so its not like any of the professors/lecturers knew us. I don't know how it'll be tomorrow -- though I'm guessing they won't treat people who applied through Extra any differently to those who applied before but rather give the place to someone who missed the grade narrowly (ABB) to someone who might've missed it by a bit more (BBB). I knew someone last year who saw his track was successful and got into Imperial for chemistry (his offer was A*AA) then got to school to see he actually missed his offer (AAA). It was a narrow miss which is why I think he got on.

haha high five yes :smile: ah ok, no interview, but yes point taken, they'll favour those with the better grades, yep ok. my school releases results at 7, track is obviously updated at 8, which should I do first do you reckon?
Reply 25
Original post by Zeegie
haha high five yes :smile: ah ok, no interview, but yes point taken, they'll favour those with the better grades, yep ok. my school releases results at 7, track is obviously updated at 8, which should I do first do you reckon?

UCAS will have it up by 8 but they could very well have it a while before then (6 is the earliest though it more common for 7/7:30)....I'd rather check UCAS first just to know if I'm in or not

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending