Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 21

Course: MSci Chemistry with study in North America
Offer: AAA (Bio/Chem/Hist)
Results: A* A B
College: Grizedale Town House - I Hope!!

I'm hoping to take a PS3 :biggrin:
Reply 22
im hoping to take a ps3 as well ! ahhaha , none of this xbox **** :wink:
Reply 23

Hey everybody!!!! :biggrin:

Course: Computer Science (3 years, but have been offered to do my masters after the 3rd year)

Offer: DDM (BTEC)
Results: D*DD
College: Pendle Superior-Ensuite [deposit is payed] (Grizedale Superior-Ensuite was my first choice, but didn't get it)

Console - I'll be bringing my Xbox 360 xD
Congrats everyone!!!!!

Course: psychology
offer: AAB
Results: ABB (luckily got in after my teacher realised they hadnt taught us the right spec two weeks before an exam)
College: bowland ensuite (i think)

see you all at freshers!!!
Reply 25
Course: H100 Engineering
Offer: Alternative unconditional offer (marginally missed my Physics offer, got this offer in a morning email due to mentioning engineering in my PS as well :biggrin: )
Results: BBB, 5 or so UMS off AAB :facepalm:
College: Hopefully Superior Ensuite in County, if not then the same in Grizedale!

So all in all, i'm pretty damn happy! Congrats to everyone!
Reply 26
Course: Economics and Mathematics
Offer: Clearing
Results: ABC
College: Unsure
Console: Potentially bringing PS3 :smile:

I have an open day tomorrow so would it be better to apply for accommodation now to try and get in somewhere decent, or leave it until tomorrow evening after I've looked round the uni?
Reply 27
Original post by Spicey
Course: Economics and Mathematics
Results: ABC
College: Unsure
Console: Potentially bringing PS3 :smile:

I have an open day tomorrow so would it be better to apply for accommodation now to try and get in somewhere decent, or leave it until tomorrow evening after I've looked round the uni?

Congrats :smile:

Id say wait because its not accommodated on first come first served basis then again i think people who got offers without using clearing will probably have higher chance of getting their first choice. But you will 100% get placed in a room in one of the colleges. But you might be better off asking them tomorrow :wink:.

Hope you enjoy the open day the uni is awesome!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
So happy I got in... after next to no sleep last night! Congrats everyone!

Course: Media and Cultural Studies

Offer: ABB
Results: AAA (I wasn't expecting that at all!)
College: Grizedale is my first choice, Furness is my second

If I had a small enough TV, I'd bring my PS3, but until I find one cheap I'm sticking with Steam
:smile:
Reply 29
Course: Business Studies
Offer: AAB
Results: BBB (no idea how/why i got in but i thank god i did)
College: Grizedale/Furness superior Ensuite

Cant waiitt to startt :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 30
Original post by ItsSian

If I had a small enough TV, I'd bring my PS3, but until I find one cheap I'm sticking with Steam :smile:

PC Gaming really is the better option anyway :smile:
Reply 31
Original post by Astonix
PC Gaming really is the better option anyway :smile:

I would have disagreed with you a year ago, but it's growing on me. Maybe it's because I now own a laptop that can actually run games released in the last decade :tongue:
Course: Law and Politics LLB
Offer: AAA
Results: A*AA
College: Lonsdale superior ensuite/ can't remember my backup :P

I've not seen any other Lonsdale applicants on here! Anyone else doing Law? Cannot wait, 6 weeks on Saturday!
Reply 33
Course: MSci IT for Creative Media (4 years)
Offer: DDD (BTEC)
Results: D*D*D*
College: Pendle Superior-Ensuite

pretty similar to OP
Reply 34
Course: Marketing Management
Offer: AAB (although I had an unconditional, I got my results last year)
Results: A*A*B
College: Grizedale then Furness both standard

I could possibly be more nervous about starting Lancaster then my old uni last year, but at least I don't really need to buy any more stuff :smile:
Reply 35
Well I suppose I can post here even though I'm not techinically in yet... I have a verbal offer, and am waiting on an e-mail, which Lancaster promised will arrive tomorrow.

Course: LLB Law
Grades: ABBB
College: I have no idea how to even apply, as they have not told me yet. Any advice on how to apply for accommodation would be appreciated :smile:

With console, I'm considering taking my 360 if I can find a small cheap TV.

With accommodation, aside from cost, what is putting people off from the self-contained apartments? Just curious...
Reply 36
Original post by Jak1
Well I suppose I can post here even though I'm not techinically in yet... I have a verbal offer, and am waiting on an e-mail, which Lancaster promised will arrive tomorrow.

Course: LLB Law
Grades: ABBB
College: I have no idea how to even apply, as they have not told me yet. Any advice on how to apply for accommodation would be appreciated :smile:

With console, I'm considering taking my 360 if I can find a small cheap TV.

With accommodation, aside from cost, what is putting people off from the self-contained apartments? Just curious...

Heyyy you will get the offer don't worry lots of people have missed the grade by one or two grades even 3! And they still got accepted.

Im guessing after they send you your congratulations letter (by post - this will prolly arrive like next week or maybe on sat) they should send you an e-mail to with a username to log in and pick your accommodation.

On Facebook type 'Lancaster Residences' and you can see all the colleges and different types of accommodation they offer. They should give you a deadline (i think its around 10-15 days time i heard it was the 24th of aug don't quote me on that though :tongue:).

Im bringing my PS3 and 32" TV as i don't see the point in spending money on a TV when i can bring the one I already own :wink:.

Apparently self contained flats are more common for grads or couples and its very secluded from other students/people and socially wise too - this is since there is no lounge or shared kitchen area. And i don't think many students get accepted even if they apply :smile:.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 37
Wooo! So excited!
Course: Geography
Offer: 36 (IB)
Result: 41
College: Grizedale or County hopefully!

Well done to everyone who's got in and good luck to anyone going through clearing!
Reply 38
Original post by ItsSian
I would have disagreed with you a year ago, but it's growing on me. Maybe it's because I now own a laptop that can actually run games released in the last decade :tongue:

Haa yer there's always that. And it's such a pain if you can't play a game :mad:

So what games are you playing on Steam?
Original post by Tish
Hey guys so I thought i'd make an early thread. Congrats to all of you who got in :biggrin:. I already have my results and will be studying Computer Science. Now we just need to wait for our accommodation offers, I'm hoping to get an superior en-suite room in Grizedale College.

Now that we all have our results when are you going to start buying the essentials? God I have so much crap to get lol. Ive started of with getting my student account set up, i guess its a start :tongue:

If you could respond with the following that'd be great:

Course: MSci Computer Science (4 years)
Offer: DDD (BTEC)
Results: D*D*D
College: Grizedale Superior-Ensuite (hopefully :wink:)

PS: Also any gamers bringing their console with them and a TV?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey Tish ;P

Course: MSci Computer Science (4 years)
Offer: ABB (A-levels)
Results: A*ABB - confirmed in 2012 and entry deferred
College: Grizedale Townhouses I hope! :colone:

I'll be bringing my 360 (PS3 BOO), probably upgrading to something bigger and whooshier at christmas, depending on how soon I get a job after I arrive. I run mine through my PC monitor as I've never had a TV ;P
Not much of a gamer except for CoD/Fifa/portal currently, i suck at Battlefield ;P

Hope to see you all there (woo)

Quick Reply

Latest