The Student Room Group

UCL Re-Applying

MEDICINAL CHEMISTRY - UCL

Hi guys, i was rejected from UCL this year post-interview, reason being that my "UCAS application was not as strong as other candidates"; (interview was very good).

I can understand this, as my teachers predicted be AABa in maths, chemistry, biology, and further maths (AS) respectively.

after receiving my results today, i have got

Maths - A*
Chemistry - A
Biology - A
further maths - a (AS)

i also have english AS at grade b.

Would it be worth re-applying with these grades for MEDICINAL CHEMISTRY?

UCL Medicinal Chemistry offers go from ABBe-AAAe,

since i have one higher than the maximum requirement, i was really really wondering about re-applying.

can any of you give me some advice on whether this may be a good idea or not?

Thank you very much
Original post by Coral Reafs

Hi guys, i was rejected from UCL this year post-interview, reason being that my "UCAS application was not as strong as other candidates"; (interview was very good).

I can understand this, as my teachers predicted be AABa in maths, chemistry, biology, and further maths (AS) respectively.

Maths - A*
Chemistry - A
Biology - A
further maths - a (AS)

since i have one higher than the maximum requirement, i was really really wondering about re-applying.

Thank you very much

Ring UCL up and ask them.
Reply 2
Yeh you will almost certainly make it next year with an unconditional offer.

are you prepared to wait a year though
Reply 3
Original post by Coral Reafs

Maths - A*
Chemistry - A
Biology - A
further maths - a (AS)

Thank you very much

Take a gap year and chillax lol
You will most likely get in. If you really want to go UCL then it's worth waiting
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
Ring UCL up and ask them.

Hey, thanks for your response, I emailed the admissions tutor, and he said "it does no harm"

now im not an expert at reading between the lines but is that a thumbs up to do it because he can't directly say "yes re-apply to us"?
Reply 5
Original post by yaboy
Yeh you will almost certainly make it next year with an unconditional offer.

are you prepared to wait a year though

Hey man, thanks for your time; yeah i am prepared to wait a year, reason being i like the place very much, from being on many tours of the labs and campuses, and talking to alot of the students there. Also, its course structure is quite unique than the other (very few) uni's which offer medicinal chemistry in london.

Thanks again for the reply

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending