The Student Room Group

Not what I expected for AS, help?

Hello,

Got my AS results this morning and they aren't as expected. I take biology, English lit, geography and history with the intention of taking history at university.

I thought that I would get my best marks in History & Geography as in past papers id been doing well, but I thought I would get the lowest in English.

Results:
Biology- A
English - A
History - B
Geography - B

I asked for the breakdown and I got an A in one history paper and a D in the other?!?! and in Geog, an A in one and a C in the other! Im just really shocked and definitely want a remark in the 'D' paper because I have never got that low a mark and in all past papers I was getting B+ - A,

Any advice?
Reply 1
Original post by 24hoursmiles
Hello,

Got my AS results this morning and they aren't as expected. I take biology, English lit, geography and history with the intention of taking history at university.

I thought that I would get my best marks in History & Geography as in past papers id been doing well, but I thought I would get the lowest in English.

Results:
Biology- A
English - A
History - B
Geography - B

I asked for the breakdown and I got an A in one history paper and a D in the other?!?! and in Geog, an A in one and a C in the other! Im just really shocked and definitely want a remark in the 'D' paper because I have never got that low a mark and in all past papers I was getting B+ - A,

Any advice?

Congrats, those are pretty awesome results! I'm not sure there is much advice I can give here as you seem to know what your next steps are. Definitely look into that remark as you say and then take it from there. You've got a great set of results there so you don't have too much to worry about. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Ecosse_14
Congrats, those are pretty awesome results! I'm not sure there is much advice I can give here as you seem to know what your next steps are. Definitely look into that remark as you say and then take it from there. You've got a great set of results there so you don't have too much to worry about. :smile:

Thanks for your reply!
If I got a D in one paper and an A in the other, is it advised to get a remark because it seems so odd and doesn't fit what ive been getting in the past? Just really worried for A2m because ive never got a D before :frown:
Reply 3
Original post by 24hoursmiles
Thanks for your reply!
If I got a D in one paper and an A in the other, is it advised to get a remark because it seems so odd and doesn't fit what ive been getting in the past? Just really worried for A2m because ive never got a D before :frown:

If it seems a bit out of the blue then it sounds as if a remark might be appropriate, but of course there's no guarantee this will improve your grade.

Quick Reply

Latest