The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

What grades did you get in on?

Scroll to see replies

I missed my offer for King's too. My offer was for 30 credits at distinction (10 distinctions) and blah, blah merits/passes. I got 21 credits at distinction (7 distinctions) and more merits than they needed, and still got in. I did bug them a lot, though, and made sure they knew exactly who I was and how much I wanted to go there :wink:

Such a relief! Horrible feeling missing your offer.

EDIT: Oh crap, didn't realise this was just for Nottingham because it was on the side lol. Oh well, still relevant .. slightly :colondollar:
(edited 10 years ago)
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 81
Original post by awkwardusername
Oh god awkward! Just dye your hair and deny its you :wink:

Yeah pink hair will suit me just fine. :colone:

Original post by HopefulMidwife
I missed my offer for King's too. My offer was for 30 credits at distinction (10 distinctions) and blah, blah merits/passes. I got 21 credits at distinction (7 distinctions) and more merits than they needed, and still got in. I did bug them a lot, though, and made sure they knew exactly who I was and how much I wanted to go there :wink:

Such a relief! Horrible feeling missing your offer.

oh no! well done on getting in in the end.
Reply 82
I was offered AAA for medicine but exceeded that and got A*A*A plus A* in extended project so was incredibly happy. So excited to start in September!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 83
Original post by MathsNerd1
There are quite a few people on TSR who will be doing Maths at Nottingham too so maybe we could all meet up during freshers? :biggrin: And not at all yet but I'm hoping I get my first preference of Broadgate Park or Raleigh park if I'm lucky enough as I want to have self catered if I can help it.

yeah that sounds cool I'd be up for it, do you wanna make a thread or something? (my organisation skills generally consist of last minute stuff).

and I'm staying in BP, I accepted my offer for a single room ages ago! I'll have someone to follow to the lectures if I get lost xD
Original post by catseymour
I was offered AAA for medicine but exceeded that and got A*A*A plus A* in extended project so was incredibly happy. So excited to start in September!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations on your fantastic results! :biggrin:
Reply 85
Original post by LeeMrLee
yeah that sounds cool I'd be up for it, do you wanna make a thread or something? (my organisation skills generally consist of last minute stuff).

and I'm staying in BP, I accepted my offer for a single room ages ago! I'll have someone to follow to the lectures if I get lost xD

Maybe you can play a game of whoever find the most maths students. I will certainly be doing that for English! :smile:
Original post by ladynova

oh no! well done on getting in in the end.

Thank you so much! It was nerve wracking waiting for results day to see if I was still gonna get in.
Reply 87
I am abit surprised because I missed my offer but they still let me in. Anyone else?

I needed ABB to get into my insurance of Northumbria, and AAB to get into my firm of newcastle. I got BBC and still got into Northumbria

Sweet! I probably will make ones but maybe next week? I'm normally the same with my organisation skills but I'm trying my best to get organised and to stay like that for the whole year pretty quickly, first I just have to buy everything I need. And very nice! I hope I can also say that soon enough :tongue: And that's if I don't get lost myself :redface:
Maybe you can play a game of whoever find the most maths students. I will certainly be doing that for English! :smile:

I'll clearly win that game as the Maths students are the cool ones :biggrin:
I applied for a uni, knowing I wouldn't get the grades. They gave me an offer anyway. They wanted ABB, with an A in the required subject, and in all likelihood the highest I would get was ABC. They told me on the open day,in confidence, that I would probably still be able to get a place with ABC. This is a redbrick uni btw.

I got BBC on results day. I had put them as my insurance, just in case I got higher then expected. I ended up going to my firm because I knew I obviously wasn't intellectual enough to go to my insurance, and I think grades are there as a guideline to what the level expected of you will be.

Curiosity got the better of me however, and I called my insurance on results day (asking for ABB). They said they would give me a place with BBC. Shocked to say the least!

EDIT: didn't realize this was just for Nottingham! Sorry!
Reply 91

or a good icebreaker is "guess the course", you just go up to random people and guess what course they're on - if you guess correctly then 1pt and if they're on your course 2pts xD

Sweet! I probably will make ones but maybe next week? I'm normally the same with my organisation skills but I'm trying my best to get organised and to stay like that for the whole year pretty quickly, first I just have to buy everything I need. And very nice! I hope I can also say that soon enough :tongue: And that's if I don't get lost myself :redface:

yeah ok we do have 5 weeks to go...and if I get bored between now and next week I may make it myself :L

haha that's a good point, I think my grandparents are taking me out next week to buy stuff. I'm not gonna get everything, because if someone else sharing with me has something that I can share then there's no point in having two of it...I'll definitely need my own wok, chinese knife and rice cooker though xD (standard asian fare)
Reply 92

you'll have no chance if you're against me, I'm competitive xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah ok we do have 5 weeks to go...and if I get bored between now and next week I may make it myself :L

haha that's a good point, I think my grandparents are taking me out next week to buy stuff. I'm not gonna get everything, because if someone else sharing with me has something that I can share then there's no point in having two of it...I'll definitely need my own wok, chinese knife and rice cooker though xD (standard asian fare)

It may sound like a long time but it'll literally fly by :redface: And oh very nice and that's fair enough, I'm getting all my own stuff ready for the 2nd year and I've already got my own rice cooker but I'm not asian :tongue:
Reply 94

lol I am imagine lots of pied piper groups of maths and english students now! its on :tongue:
you'll have no chance if you're against me, I'm competitive xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

And if you think I'm not then you're in for a big surprise :tongue:
Reply 96
My firm wanted ABB
I got BBCD
Was excepted and was completely shocked :O
lol I am imagine lots of pied piper groups of maths and english students now! its on :tongue:

Aha, I can just imagine the Maths students completing Sudoku's and playing chess like I know we all do :tongue: I'm not too sure what English students will be doing but they'll definitely not be cooler than the Maths group :tongue:
Reply 98
It may sound like a long time but it'll literally fly by :redface: And oh very nice and that's fair enough, I'm getting all my own stuff ready for the 2nd year and I've already got my own rice cooker but I'm not asian :tongue:

ah right I see, that's good thinking but it's a pain if you have to carry it up to your room all in one go etc haha :P wow, impressive, well you do further maths which makes you an honourary asian (that's what we said for my "FM crew" at my college that wanted to be asian) :wink:

And if you think I'm not then you're in for a big surprise :tongue:

if it's Maths vs English students, then it looks like ladynova will have no chance against Mathsnerd1 and I....two of us one of you, you do the maths. or we will if you can't :wink:
Reply 99
Aha, I can just imagine the Maths students completing Sudoku's and playing chess like I know we all do :tongue: I'm not too sure what English students will be doing but they'll definitely not be cooler than the Maths group :tongue:

pffft, don't underestimate how many great comebacks we have accumulated over the years with all that reading of Shakespeare :wink: thou saucy minion!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending