The Student Room Group

Which Uni for maths?

Just received my results today, expected to do better but they are as follows... ABBC in Maths, Further Maths, Economics & Chemistry respectively.
Not sure what universities to apply to now, I was expecting to get AABB, with an A in Further Maths and a B in chemistry! However I was 3 ums away from a B in chemistry! My applied modules let me down in Maths and Further...
In my pure modules I got: C1 - 88, C2- 97, FP1 - 88. However in my applied modules I did significantly worse: M1 - 62, D1 - 63, S1 - 69.
I know I could do better next year if I worked harder but now I'm not sure what Universities are worth applying to, I would appreciate any help you could give. Thanks in advance!
Reply 1
Original post by alexpartridge
Just received my results today, expected to do better but they are as follows... ABBC in Maths, Further Maths, Economics & Chemistry respectively.
Not sure what universities to apply to now, I was expecting to get AABB, with an A in Further Maths and a B in chemistry! However I was 3 ums away from a B in chemistry! My applied modules let me down in Maths and Further...
In my pure modules I got: C1 - 88, C2- 97, FP1 - 88. However in my applied modules I did significantly worse: M1 - 62, D1 - 63, S1 - 69.
I know I could do better next year if I worked harder but now I'm not sure what Universities are worth applying to, I would appreciate any help you could give. Thanks in advance!

Well done on those results, they really are great!

You have quite a lot of options open when it comes to universities with those grades. A little bit of research goes a long way! :smile: What universities were you thinking of beforehand?
Reply 2
Original post by Ecosse_14
Well done on those results, they really are great!

You have quite a lot of options open when it comes to universities with those grades. A little bit of research goes a long way! :smile: What universities were you thinking of beforehand?

Thank you!:smile: I am happy overall with them, just annoyed at how the applied modules let me down! And before I was thinking of Warwick as one because I heard they give out offers for maths if you're predicted above certain grades? (Can't remember off the top of my head). UCL was another but I knew that would be a challenge, but I think if I tried hard enough for A2 I could get an A* in maths, A*/A Further maths and maybe A/B in Chemistry. I know this would be hard to achieve but I was predicted 4C's this year by my sixth form so I think I could achieve better A2 grades if I put the effort in! Other than those two uni's I wasn't sure of the rest! Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest