The Student Room Group

Major Help Needed

Scroll to see replies

Original post by VisualKiddy
Bugger, accidentally negged. Apologies.

No worries; I don't really care hence why it's hidden :smile:
Reply 21
Don't do another degree that you don't want to do. Pharmacy is not Medicine, it is extremely different in many ways, I would say Nursing is much closer to Medicine. If you want to study Medicine, why not just resit and wait until you can apply? There is no rush really. Also, don't study Pharmacy without having shadowed Pharmacists to see what they do, most people have no idea - even many first year Pharmacy students.
Reply 22
Original post by Becca-Sarah
We just spoke to Plymouth and Exeter's admissions tutors personally and both said they would accept resits. Plymouth consider each applicant on an individual basis, and Exeter accept resits so long as you get the grades less than 2 years before applying to them.

Southampton will also consider you if you're only resitting one subject.

Thank you Becca, your a star!. So for Exeter/Plymouth would you need extenuating circumstances? (I have these) or just predicted A* in resits ALSO does it matter how many subjects your resitting so long as you have and achieve the A* in it? Sorry there is just no information about Exeter on the SR wiki and I have tried emailing but to my avail no luck.

However I checked Plymouth on the SR Wiki which really saddened me. Plymouth

"Resit?Yes We are happy to accept applications from student retaking either their AS year or A-levels. If you wish to apply with predicted grades, we would stipulate that you achieved AAB at the first attempt. It is not necessary for the candidate to demonstrate extenuating circumstances, or to explain the reason that resits were required."

I had A*AC so fail that :frown:. Also according to the Medicine Wiki on the student room it says for Southampton :
"Southampton Resit? No We are unable to consider applicants who are retaking their A Levels/GCSES/or equivalent qualifications."
Original post by king101
Thank you Becca, your a star!. So for Exeter/Plymouth would you need extenuating circumstances? (I have these) or just predicted A* in resits ALSO does it matter how many subjects your resitting so long as you have and achieve the A* in it? Sorry there is just no information about Exeter on the SR wiki and I have tried emailing but to my avail no luck.

However I checked Plymouth on the SR Wiki which really saddened me. Plymouth

"Resit?Yes We are happy to accept applications from student retaking either their AS year or A-levels. If you wish to apply with predicted grades, we would stipulate that you achieved AAB at the first attempt. It is not necessary for the candidate to demonstrate extenuating circumstances, or to explain the reason that resits were required."

I had A*AC so fail that :frown:. Also according to the Medicine Wiki on the student room it says for Southampton :
"Southampton Resit? No We are unable to consider applicants who are retaking their A Levels/GCSES/or equivalent qualifications."

No extenuating circumstances required. You don't even need to achieve an A*, the normal offer grades apply.

There's no info because they didn't respond when we contacted them last week, and also found that their email response is woeful.

Ring them yourself and ask then.

The Southampton info came from one of their currents students involved in Admissions.
Resit biology, apply to 4 med places and 1 pharmacy one (as a backup). Why waste 1 year applying to pharmacy and 1 year doing it when you really want to do medicine?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending