The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Can I visit my accommodation beforehand?

Hi I'm a fresher and confirmed my place in Kincaid Court and I was wondering if it is possible to go inside and see the room beforehand?

Also is there any way we can contact the flat manager by phone/email?
Reply 1
Original post by Shahrukh9000
Hi I'm a fresher and confirmed my place in Kincaid Court and I was wondering if it is possible to go inside and see the room beforehand?

Kincaid's Court is used as a hostel over the summer. This is their website here. If you contact them, you might be able to ask to look around a flat.

That said, there's not much to look at - all self-catered accommodation is more or less identical, and you can get a very good idea of what the rooms are like from these 360 photos here. That's Darroch Court, which I remember being very similar. THat said, Kincaids has recently been upgraded, so it's likely nicer now.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Original post by Shahrukh9000

You won't be able to see it before you move in, no. You can look at a 'typical' floorplan here, though: http://www.ed.ac.uk/schools-departments/accommodation-services/new-prospective/undergraduate/ug-self-catered-accommodation/kincaids-court

I remember being able to contact the manager of my self-catered places (Sciennes), to let her know I'd be arriving a couple of days later that some people, so must have been given contact details at some point, but I don't remember how long ahead of moving in I got the emails from them.
Reply 3
Thanks a lot for the help guys.
Also I'm thinking of visiting Edinburgh at the weekend, any advice as to where I should be going/what I should be checking out?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending