The Student Room Group

Medicine A*AB

What does everyone recommend?
Are there medical school that accept this or do I need to re-sit? However I don't really have any exceptional circumstances?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by Kamatss
Are there medical school that accept this or do I need to re-sit? However I don't really have any exceptional circumstances?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think Keele accepts this.

What you'll find is that most universities want AAA predictions but some of them may accept A*AB on results day if you are lucky!
Original post by Kamatss

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you decide to resit then have a look here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Medical_School_Resit_Policies to see where you could apply.

Also for A level entry requirements please see here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Medical_School_A_Level_Requirements

Personally I'd resit, but it's up to you tbh :tongue:
Reply 3
Won't they ask for extenuating circumstances though?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Kamatss
Won't they ask for extenuating circumstances though?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not all of them do. As PSQ has said, take a look here.
So can I still apply to keele (with A*AB) and still resit for the other unis (uea, plymouth etc...) So confused? :\
Reply 6
Original post by FishFinger_Custard
So can I still apply to keele (with A*AB) and still resit for the other unis (uea, plymouth etc...) So confused? :\

I got A*AB last year and applied to Keele with those grades, as well as resitting the B and applying to Southampton, UEA and BSMS.

Email them to check nothings changed about Keele though. When I applied they said no resits were allowed but if you have A*AB then you would still be considered despite resitting as they know you are applying elsewhere.

Having our grades is a rubbish situation to be in though! Still, I reckon the A* must count for something. I'm going to Southampton this year. :-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending