The Student Room Group

Can I lose my unconditional offer if i check that my results arent incorrect?

I've just got my results. before leaving to collect them I received my confirmation of a place at my chosen uni as well as one from ucas saying it is now unconditional. however, upon looking at my grades I got they are severely below what I needed to get in. I'm concerned that if I query this matter that I will lose my offer of a place at uni. my question is if I query it and theres been an error on ucas and I've not made the grades can I still lose my place? or should I leave it be? :confused:
Original post by notxas
I've just got my results. before leaving to collect them I received my confirmation of a place at my chosen uni as well as one from ucas saying it is now unconditional. however, upon looking at my grades I got they are severely below what I needed to get in. I'm concerned that if I query this matter that I will lose my offer of a place at uni. my question is if I query it and theres been an error on ucas and I've not made the grades can I still lose my place? or should I leave it be? :confused:

It's unlikely to be a mistake, although they do happen. However, if it is, you will lose the place once somebody realises, so it's best to check now, while there's plenty of stuff left in clearing. Call them. I think they are most likely to have decided to take you anyway.
Reply 2
Original post by notxas

It's unlikely to be a mistake. We've had a lot of cases this year with people missing the grades but still getting accepted. You can call them to put your mind at rest if you want.
Reply 3
Original post by carnationlilyrose
It's unlikely to be a mistake, although they do happen. However, if it is, you will lose the place once somebody realises, so it's best to check now, while there's plenty of stuff left in clearing. Call them. I think they are most likely to have decided to take you anyway.

I've talked to a good few people today who were a bit under and managed to get in. I was the same last year, I think its becoming a more common occurrence particularly with unis which you wouldn't recognise as elite.
Original post by Wattsy
I've talked to a good few people today who were a bit under and managed to get in. I was the same last year, I think its becoming a more common occurrence particularly with unis which you wouldn't recognise as elite.

Yes, anecdotal evidence suggests it's been a bumper year for clearing offers this year. Which is great for people this year, but probably leaves a sour taste in the mouths of those unfortunate to have been doing it two years ago.
Reply 5
Thing is my grades are soo much lower than my offer I believe there is no chance of me getting in on clearing especially because there are soo few clearing spaces on my course. This is such an unfair position for UCAS to put me in after having sooo much time to process this
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by notxas
Thing is my grades are soo much lower than my offer I believe there is no chance of me getting in on clearing especially because there are soo few clearing spaces on my course.

They had your results last Friday night. They will have spent since then deciding who they do and don't want. It won't be a rushed decision.
Reply 7
exactly. so should I assume the acceptance letters aren't a mistake?
Reply 8
Original post by notxas

I checked track before seeing my results.

My first choice stipulated a C in chemistry and 160 points from my other two subjects. I was over the moon thinking I got a C in chemistry.

Then it turned out I got a C in geography and Ds in chemistry and psychology. But I still got in.

If the course is in clearing (which mine actually isnt !) then they're likely to have let people in who only just missed their offer else the same people could get in through clearing anyway, so it saves the hassle.
Original post by notxas
exactly. so should I assume the acceptance letters aren't a mistake?
I would, but you are clearly worried, so call and check so that you can celebrate tonight without looking over your shoulder.

Quick Reply

Latest