The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Queen Mary Insurance Accommodaton!

Hey has anyone here applied to QM as insurance and is now going there, what are you doing for accommodation?! Starting to panic now! Help!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Hi,

I applied as a firm choice. Unfortunately getting accommodation from QMUL themselves will be difficult. However, you could use private accommodation. On their site they have private lettings as well as private halls of residences info. Well worth a browse. Sorry I couldn't help any more.
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 2
Will I have any chance? Will the private accommodation be with other students though? I don't want to be by myself

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Will I be sharing with other students? Don't want to be by myself

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Try this website, it should help you find alternative accommodation.
http://www.residences.qmul.ac.uk/alternative/index.html
Reply 5
As Rajvir has said try the link, it provides useful information. A lot of private accommodation is house share so you will be with other students. Even the private halls will have loads of other students. Please don't worry about being on your own. :smile:
Original post by Jessicabrady
Hey has anyone here applied to QM as insurance and is now going there, what are you doing for accommodation?! Starting to panic now! Help!

Posted from TSR Mobile

You will almost certainly be able to find a place at one of the many private halls nearby, but the problem is most of them are £195 a week + which is very expensive.

I recommend apply for either of these halls http://www.cassandclaredale.co.uk/

They are the two cheapest private halls that are near enough, and are cheaper than some of the QM accommodation.

I'm in my second year this September and I got offers from both, although I applied months ago and you'll probably go straight to the waiting list, but it's worth trying anyway.
Reply 7
I'm looking at the unite ones now, which are the best ones near queen Mary?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
I'm frantically looking for accommodation too! I've been having a look and personally, I think the Scape one seems best considering what you get and the price. It's still ridiculously expensive, but it's an awkward situation!

Also, have you tried calling them residential department - they never answer?
Reply 9
I've just booked into rahere court with unite for 215 a week! Expensive but I didn't know where else to go! They have a couple of rooms left if you ring up! The guy Craig was lovely

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by Jessicabrady
I've just booked into rahere court with unite for 215 a week! Expensive but I didn't know where else to go! They have a couple of rooms left if you ring up! The guy Craig was lovely

Posted from TSR Mobile

Was that ensuite? 215 a week is crazy. I'm in the same position as you :frown:
Reply 11
Private halls are getting really full apart from the expensive ones (anything around 200 is still shocking though) so i'm looking to find a house nearby from the private lettings site with some people instead. There are some reasonable ones being just £120'ish a week and still look nice so you shouldn't worry :smile:.

Quick Reply

Latest