The Student Room Group

AS grades - NOT what was expected

Expecting A-B in a subject, and coming out with two exam results (e and d) then getting a D overall.
This is the subject I want to take through to university, the subject I HATE the most, with a passion, is the one I got 100% in. Everyone says I should drop the one I got a D in, and continue with the A grade one..

WHAT?

I don't know whether to retake them, go to a different college and start the whole of AS again, or to ride it out.

Help please :smile:
Reply 1
If this is the subject you want to do at university, then don't drop it! There's no point continuing in something you hate. Are you able to resit the exams you didn't do too well in and try harder this year?
I really didn't do well in law and that's what I want to study... Definitely resitting and next year I'm not gna leave the house just study study !!!!!
Reply 3
Being perfectly honest with yourself, did you really revise enough for it?

A lot of people can be cocky at GCSE, thinking they already know their stuff and how to do the papers (I think Eng Lit was the main one in my year for this) and slack of a little, and they wind up getting a nasty surprise come results time.

Quick Reply

Latest