The Student Room Group

Remark??? 2 marks off an A*

Hi Guys, So I got my results today and am really pleased with them - A*AB.

Surpassed myself, thought I'd get ABB!

In sociology (The A) I did scly3 in June and Scly4 in Jan, and got 102/120 ums in Jan.

I thought I messed the scly3 paper up and I actually got 75/80, meaning I'm 3 ums off an A* which is 2 marks.

What shall I do? I needed 52/60 and got 50, but I could have sworn I screwed the first nine marker up!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Just to say, I really am pleased, I'm not upset, but two A*'s would be so good?!? I don't want to annoy people
It's really up to you whether or not you want to request a remark but remember it is possible that marks can go down as well as up, though your case I wouldn't think it's possible to go down a whole grade so I don't see that you have anything to lose by going for it and if you go up a grade you get a refund. :smile:
Reply 3
definitely!
defo. good luck!
Reply 5
Haha I was one mark off an A*. I'm getting a remark no doubt.
Depends whether you think it's worth the money. If you don't really care about the money aspect, then go for it. If you're worried about paying for it then I wouldn't bother, since it appears to make no difference to your university choices/places (I'm assuming?) and you're just doing it for your own pride/just for the sake of having an A*.

Remember that sociology markshemes are more open to interpretation compared to maths and sciences so you're more likely to get an increase/change in your marks. However, 75/80 is quite close to full marks so there isn't a lot of marks you can gain (if that makes sense) - like, there isn't a lot of questions that you could have improved on so it may be unlikely that you'll gain extra marks. I can't really give you an answer, it's up to you, but these are just some things you can consider. Good luck!
Reply 7
Original post by Heizenburg
Haha I was one mark off an A*. I'm getting a remark no doubt.

Really?! What marks did you get?
Be aware that the papers nearest the boundaries are the ones which are most carefully scrutinised in the first place. In your position it's not a risk, but you might prefer to spend £30 - £40 at university instead of on something which is unlikely to change.
Reply 9
Original post by charlie4590
Really?! What marks did you get?

It was in a different subject, Economics. The A* won't affect my uni place but I still want the remark.
You can for peace of mind, but you'll be very low priority.
Reply 11
I'm in the same boat as you. I got A*AB and I'm 1 mark of an A*, but I'm not sure whether to get a remark of not. :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending