The Student Room Group

Gap year?

Was thinking of taking a gap year and reapplying for medicine instead of going through clearing for another course. This is mainly because my results came out much better than expected (somehow came out with 3 A*s in chem bio and maths :biggrin:)

Is the gap year the way to go?
Reply 1
Original post by MX123
Was thinking of taking a gap year and reapplying for medicine instead of going through clearing for another course. This is mainly because my results came out much better than expected (somehow came out with 3 A*s in chem bio and maths :biggrin:)

Is the gap year the way to go?

If you want to do medicine, seems like a good option.

Have you thought of a career in medicine before? Have you done any work experience? Don't just jump into it because you got good grades; you might hate it!
Reply 2
Original post by Kyalimers
If you want to do medicine, seems like a good option.

Have you thought of a career in medicine before? Have you done any work experience? Don't just jump into it because you got good grades; you might hate it!

Yeah I'll be reapplying so I'd already have my previous work exp + voluntary work (and what I'll hopefully add to it). I've given it roughly two years of thought lol.
Reply 3
Original post by MX123
Yeah I'll be reapplying so I'd already have my previous work exp + voluntary work (and what I'll hopefully add to it). I've given it roughly two years of thought lol.

Sounds like you've made a good start then. Next step would be to make the most of your gap year, sit the UKCAT and/or BMAT and come up with a solid PS.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending