The Student Room Group

Interviews

Hi I've got an interview on Monday for Dundee and was wondering if anyone had any hints or tips or experience of doing them and could tell me what i could expect it to be like?
Original post by FudgeFingers
Hi I've got an interview on Monday for Dundee and was wondering if anyone had any hints or tips or experience of doing them and could tell me what i could expect it to be like?

Hi

Congratulations on getting an interview!

I didn't go to Dundee but could perhaps offer some advice. What subject are you looking to study?

Rebecca
Reply 2

It's the Art and Design (General Foundation) course :3

I'm expecting some questions on why i'm interested in the course and my interests in art but not much else really, i've never had an interview before :colondollar:
Why do you want to study at Dundee? What aspects of the course do you like? What artists inspire you? What art do you enjoy doing or would like to do?

All these are good questions to be asking yourself, and may help quite a bit in the interview. Now this sounds drab,but just be yourself, if you have a passion for art and your portfolio shows this passion and good ideas then the interviewers will see this.

Also I've found it always helps to do a bit of research about the course/university especially as you can ask any questions to the course leaders about any aspects you may be unsure of.

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 4
Thanks, they did >< I've been over complicating things in my head.

Quick Reply

Latest