The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
In front the guy has different sounds depending on whether he can do the question or not...after i have finished its quite amusing, but during the exam its just annoying. Alos when the guy sits behind me, if in reverse order, his leg stretches out under my chair and at some point i kick it, which startles both of us!
Reply 2
Annoying when an invigilator is behind you and you're on the one question which you're making up! You become so conscious of what you're writing lol
no1mohsin
Annoying when an invigilator is behind you and you're on the one question which you're making up! You become so conscious of what you're writing lol

lol, that happened to me today during science. And the thing is he actually didnt move at all, he just remained there and i was thinking (Please GO AWAY!):mad:
Reply 4
Well it's not really an exam habit, but there was a girl a couple of seats behind me today who started crying before the exam started. I'm not sure why, but I'm guessing it was something to do with the exam. I mean, I felt sorry for her but it was just making everyone else really nervous about it as well!
Reply 5
Yesterday, there was a girl who was getting quite flustered and obviously didnt have enough time, and she was shaking her leg up and down and it was driving me MAD.
I know i annoy people. I cant always breathe in exams, so i always have to take sharp breaths and it must drive people crazy. not that anyone said anything to me but you know.
Reply 6
Oh yeah and also the girl in front of me has really bad hayfever so she does her eyedrops/nasal drop things right in the middle of the exam! That's allowed, apparently... :rolleyes:
Reply 7
no1mohsin

I know totally what you mean!
And i'm one of the slow and late finishers, so when everyone has finished and i'm left alone, I can sense everyone staring at me! That's annoying. Oh and rulers, the tapping of rulers, really annoying too when you're trying to concentrate!
Reply 8
Haha this thread reminds me of when I did my Maths GCSE..

- One of my friends was sitting in the row next to me..and, in the middle of the paper, put down her pen and proceeded to crack what must have been every single joint in her body. First came each individual knuckle - all 10, then her wrists, then her elbows..then her neck (that was gross) before flexing her knees and ankles.

In retaliation, I bent down and 'redid' my shoes - I had velcro bits on them at the time so I slowly ripped it off..then put it down...ripped it off...then put it down...ripped it off.

It was funny at the time...don't think the rest of the silent hall appreciated it though. :p:
Reply 9
Oh i crack everything in an exam, just because no-one can tell me to shut up.

The order goes:
Neck
Back
Knickles
Tips of fingers
Ankles
Knee
Cartalige in elbows

Mwahahaha.
Reply 10
I dont mind when invidulators look at my work, but when two or more stand right in front of you (if you're at the front), and have a little gossip about something. in my english lit. exam, that is exactly what i were doing. i wanted to shout "Shhh", or put up my hand asn politely ask them to shut up, but i didn't bother. it's distracting when they talk.
oh, you lot get off easy with annoying people. what about a whole annoying building site outside........oh yeah thats what i have to put with. We do our exams in the gym and our school recently started to build a new gym right next to the old one. Its so annoying when all you can hear is bloody machinary plus, which makes everything worse, is that when its boiling hot they open the door. The door that is about 100 yards away from construction site. Oh and if it gets too noisy invigilators shout out to them and they become silent for 5mins until the noise begins again. If that doesnt work we have to overheat in the gym with no ventilation!!! its very hard to concentrate.
Reply 12
FireDeuce
Oh i crack everything in an exam, just because no-one can tell me to shut up.

The order goes:
Neck
Back
Knickles
Tips of fingers
Ankles
Knee
Cartalige in elbows

Mwahahaha.

Evil! :p:

At one of my exams, a guy in front of me finished much earlier. He had a packet of sweets with him, and he proceeded to spend the whole of the rest of the exam just wrapping and unwrapping the sweets. OVER and OVER again. I could have screamed! :argh:
Reply 13
no1mohsin

:ditto:
That happened in my French Listening, and I got so distracted.
I think I must be quite annoying to some people. I have this thing about chewing pens whenever I'm frustrated, which is obviously a lot during exams. In the past 2 weeks I've been through over 3 packs of biros I think :biggrin: Anyway, I wonder if the sound of me chewing gets to people.. and I wonder why I haven't got ink poisoning already lol.
Reply 15
People who sneeze..really loud....multiple times.
Reply 16
MadWithStars
I think I must be quite annoying to some people. I have this thing about chewing pens whenever I'm frustrated, which is obviously a lot during exams. In the past 2 weeks I've been through over 3 packs of biros I think :biggrin: Anyway, I wonder if the sound of me chewing gets to people.. and I wonder why I haven't got ink poisoning already lol.

I do the same! It's actually quite disgusting, but I can't help it.. :p:
Reply 17
lol. the other day, english language paper 2, we do our exams in a gym, underneath a changing room. there was pure silence, then we hear the PE teacher shouting "BE QUIET, THERE'S AN EXAM GOING ON BELOW AND THEY'D APPRECIATE IT IF YOU ARE QUIET".

Then continued the silence. Just after that, i huess a little year 7 must have forgotten his kit, so the PE teacher shouted "DO ME A FAVOUR [his catchphrase], NEXT TIME REMEMBER YOUR KIT" [imagine all this in a welsh accent]
On Monday, whilst saying our usual prayer before the Maths Calculator exam, five Tornado jets decided to perform an 'unscheduled fly past for staff' (as reported by the local newspaper today). You should have seen how the supposed serenity of the prayer was interrupted - I've never opened my eyes and jumped so quickly.
I really thought that was it - that I'd never even get to open the paper (such a bad thing? :rolleyes: ) as I could see them flying past the windows, and I was certain that they were going to bomb us. My heart was pounding so much that it even took me a few minutes to grasp what must have been the easiest question ever seen in a Maths GCSE paper (Edexcel people - the points where a net joins). This continued for the next two hours.
Luckily, the exam was rather easy!
Reply 19
Coughing....
whenever you cough someone else has to do it... and then it just carries on and ppl just join in thinkin its a joke :biggrin:
and then i realise i was the one hu started it!

Latest