The Student Room Group

URGENT ADVISE. CLINICAL SCIENCES: Foundation vs. Year 1

I have been given an option with a small time scale! I am hopefully studying clinical science this coming September but I cannot decide which year enter. If I start at foundation level I will need 70% in chemistry and on average in my assignments and exams to be eligible to transfer to year 1 medicine at Leeds. If I start in year 1 I require 60% to be eligible to transfer to year 2 medicine at Leeds. I think the work in Year 1 is more difficult but it's not wasting another year I guess (I am on a gap year). JUST SO CONFUSED! If someone else who's done this course/transferred could help (as well as help from anyone who KNOWS the course) I would be eternally grateful!!!! :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by clinsci
I have been given an option with a small time scale! I am hopefully studying clinical science this coming September but I cannot decide which year enter. If I start at foundation level I will need 70% in chemistry and on average in my assignments and exams to be eligible to transfer to year 1 medicine at Leeds. If I start in year 1 I require 60% to be eligible to transfer to year 2 medicine at Leeds. I think the work in Year 1 is more difficult but it's not wasting another year I guess (I am on a gap year). JUST SO CONFUSED! If someone else who's done this course/transferred could help (as well as help from anyone who KNOWS the course) I would be eternally grateful!!!! :smile:

Do you think you're up to a harder year? Ultimately you're the best person to decide which is the best strategy to pursue.
Original post by clinsci

I done foundation year and now I am starting at Leeds.I was put into foundation year because I had other stuff going on in life.

If you miss the grades in foundation year ,you get a second chance to achieve them in year 1.

If you interview in foundation year and fail.you can not try again in year 1.You only get one chance at interviews.

I found it easy to get the grades in foundation year,but I got A*, A*,A,B at A-level.

Doing foundation year will cost you £9000+

I think that competion in foundation year is slightly less intense.In year one practicaly everyone there wants to transfer to Leeds.

Last year in foundation year we had
15 ish, international students that where aiming to transfer to bio-med or pharmacy
And there where a few mature students and people with non science A-levels that wanted to catch up, and then apply in year 1.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending