The Student Room Group

AS results ABCD! Help!!

Hey guys! I got my AS results today with
A - English lang&lit
B- Economics
C- History (B one unit, C the other :frown:)
D- Biology (hated anyway and dropping)

I want to do law but do I still have a chance of going to a good uni :frown:
I hope to be predicted AAB/ABB at least? What do you think?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wouldn't worry unless you're thinking Oxbridge or somewhere like that, I had friends with C's and D's at AS getting offers from places like university of Sheffield, university of Leeds, Loughborough etc. This was for engineering though, not sure about law. Apply to a range of unis with different requirements, if the top ones reject you, you can always go through adjustment if you do better than your firm choice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by stephen_1995
I wouldn't worry unless you're thinking Oxbridge or somewhere like that, I had friends with C's and D's at AS getting offers from places like university of Sheffield, university of Leeds, Loughborough etc. This was for engineering though, not sure about law. Apply to a range of unis with different requirements, if the top ones reject you, you can always go through adjustment if you do better than your firm choice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much for replying! Not thinking of Oxbridge lool but just other really good unis :smile: this has given me hope :smile:

Thanks again
Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't worry I got EFGH, hmmm that doesn't quite work
Reply 4
Reply 5
Reply 6
I've got exactly the same grades as you:
A in history
B in maths (one ums off a so remarking)
C in biology (again one ums off so remarking)
D in English lit (school investigating this as I was predicted an a or b)

I want to apply to Russell group universities and my teachers have said that with a prediction of AAA I have a good chance.

Just make sure you get good predictions and you should be okay too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Kcash
I've got exactly the same grades as you:
A in history
B in maths (one ums off a so remarking)
C in biology (again one ums off so remarking)
D in English lit (school investigating this as I was predicted an a or b)

I want to apply to Russell group universities and my teachers have said that with a prediction of AAA I have a good chance.

Just make sure you get good predictions and you should be okay too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was 4 ums off a b in history, d'you think it's worth remarking? I hope to get predicted a A in both Economics and English but idk if I'll get predicted an A in history because I get a new teacher this year even though I was predicted an A? I'll see what I can do cos I wanna go to a Russell group as well for law

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by ItsJustMe17
I was 4 ums off a b in history, d'you think it's worth remarking? I hope to get predicted a A in both Economics and English but idk if I'll get predicted an A in history because I get a new teacher this year even though I was predicted an A? I'll see what I can do cos I wanna go to a Russell group as well for law

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you've got the money it's definitely worth a remark and seen as your close to the next grade there's an unlikely chance you'll go down a grade! If my English lit grade remains the same I will have to continue with biology, which I really don't want to do and may be given a b prediction. I think if you reason with your new teacher and say their prediction could affect whether or not you get into university then they'll be willing to give you an a.
Reply 9
Original post by Kcash
If you've got the money it's definitely worth a remark and seen as your close to the next grade there's an unlikely chance you'll go down a grade! If my English lit grade remains the same I will have to continue with biology, which I really don't want to do and may be given a b prediction. I think if you reason with your new teacher and say their prediction could affect whether or not you get into university then they'll be willing to give you an a.

Yeah I think I will. In unit D (B) I was 4 ums of an A and unit A (C) I was 4 ums off a B. I get paid next week so I might just go for a remark! Thanks for replying btw :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Yeah I think I will. In unit D (B) I was 4 ums of an A and unit A (C) I was 4 ums off a B. I get paid next week so I might just go for a remark! Thanks for replying btw :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You definitely should, I've only received my biology remark back so far and have increased by 5 ums to a b grade! Proves it can work!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys! I got my AS results today with
A - English lang&lit
B- Economics
C- History (B one unit, C the other :frown:)
D- Biology (hated anyway and dropping)

I want to do law but do I still have a chance of going to a good uni :frown:
I hope to be predicted AAB/ABB at least? What do you think?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got through to Law through adjustment to Sheffield, so even if you get no offers universities are likely to have some in clearing in 2014 too!
Reply 12
Original post by too many legs.
I got through to Law through adjustment to Sheffield, so even if you get no offers universities are likely to have some in clearing in 2014 too!

Ooh okay! Btw what were your AS and predicted grades if you dont mind me asking? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Oh and does anyone recommend any particular unis for law? Also with requirements AAA/AAB?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14

Quick Reply