The Student Room Group

Hi Guys, Rookie to TSR :D

So, today i got my As grades and wasn't pleased. (I got A in Maths, C in Further maths and a D in Physics) Should i retake the year or what. I would like to study Mathematics and would like to go to a Uni which is atleast in the Top 20 for this Field.

What should I do? :eek:
(edited 10 years ago)
Don't worry too much about it, I am in the same boat at the minute with my AS grades passing two of the exams and failing two of them. I highly doubt you were disappointed with the A and it was only the C and D that you were disappointed with, clearly there is no need to resit your maths, but if it is that much of a worry to you, it may be a good idea to consider on redoing the further maths and physics for a year and picking back up in maths the year after when you go on to do A levels. If you don't want to do that then the only other option is to resit the two exams while completing your next year at A levels. Although, that may be difficult. Look at the Uni you want and set your standards and decide which would be the best course of action to get you the top grades. Hope this helped :smile:
Reply 2
Hey!

Firstly :console: Well done on your grade for maths :smile:

Do you know how you went wrong? With those grades, you might not be able to go to a top maths uni (I'm talking COWI basically and a few others). You could retake the year however you have to remember that some unis might be very funny with retakes. The best thing you can do is get advice from your maths teachers and email universities that you're interested in so that they can give you a good perspective on things :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest