The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm trying to start my personal statement and I'm really struggling how to start it! I know all I need to include but trying to start it is what I am finding hard! I am applying for Paramedic science, UWE being my first choice! Please someone help me!!! thanks :smile:
Original post by ellewoodward12
I'm trying to start my personal statement and I'm really struggling how to start it! I know all I need to include but trying to start it is what I am finding hard! I am applying for Paramedic science, UWE being my first choice! Please someone help me!!! thanks :smile:

Have you looked at the ps help wiki on here?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Just sent off my ucas form, where are people applying for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys. Just reading some of the comments on here. I've been waiting for months to apply for the new BSc hons paramedic practice course at teesside university. It isn't an internal course so you don't have to be already a member of the north east ambulance service (theres another course for them). This is a new course :smile: ring teesside yourself they'll tell you. I'm applying for jan 2014 intake, I think the intakes after that are sept to sept. I've finished my access course in june this year so I'm ready and rearing to go :') good luck to all applying for paramedics this year!!
Original post by cacatron
Just sent off my ucas form, where are people applying for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've applied to Coventry, Birmingham City, Oxford Brookes, Staffordshire and Sheffield Hallam. What about yourself?
Reply 25
Original post by Pgastephenson21
Hi guys. Just reading some of the comments on here. I've been waiting for months to apply for the new BSc hons paramedic practice course at teesside university. It isn't an internal course so you don't have to be already a member of the north east ambulance service (theres another course for them). This is a new course :smile: ring teesside yourself they'll tell you. I'm applying for jan 2014 intake, I think the intakes after that are sept to sept. I've finished my access course in june this year so I'm ready and rearing to go :') good luck to all applying for paramedics this year!!

My boyfriend has just applied for it, had to get his ucas form changed on the last possible date because they finally got approved... fingers crossed for the both of you. :smile: They'll have to get a move on with interviews though if they really want to do an intake in January!
Original post by alabelle
My boyfriend has just applied for it, had to get his ucas form changed on the last possible date because they finally got approved... fingers crossed for the both of you. :smile: They'll have to get a move on with interviews though if they really want to do an intake in January!

Aw awesome!! I've been waiting for months for the course to be signed off and available to apply for :') good luck to your bf!! Exciting times!
Reply 27
Original post by hollykeetch3270
Hello all!
i have recently started my Paramedic Science degree at UWE Bristol
happy to help with any questions!
good luck and get those applications in early!
xxx

Hi!

Uwe is my first choice for paramedic science can I just ask what they look for in a personal statement and what the interview was like? Is there a fitness test for there at all?

Thank you xx

Hey just wondering how your bf has got on? I got an invite for interview at teesside!!! Over the moon! Got it through the post on Saturday! Teesside is my one and only choice so really nervous but extremely pleased I've got this far :')
Reply 29
Hey just wondering how your bf has got on? I got an invite for interview at teesside!!! Over the moon! Got it through the post on Saturday! Teesside is my one and only choice so really nervous but extremely pleased I've got this far :')

Yeah my boyfriend got one too and he's really happy about it. :smile: Good luck with he interview! Which date have you got?
Yeah my boyfriend got one too and he's really happy about it. :smile: Good luck with he interview! Which date have you got?

Aw that's awesome well done him!! :smile: mines the 3rd of dec at 9am.
Reply 31
I've applied to teesside too. I applied to start Jan but I'm not gonna get my open learning course done in time so I think I having my interview for September intake. I got 5th December 9am Good Luck for interviews come back and tell us what it was like, what you were asked etc :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by XLynseyBX
I've applied to teesside too. I applied to start Jan but I'm not gonna get my open learning course done in time so I think I having my interview for September intake. I got 5th December 9am Good Luck for interviews come back and tell us what it was like, what you were asked etc :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Eeeeek it's all so exciting :smile: what kind of experience have you got? And are u nervous for interviews? I'm a little nervous but more excited/enthusiastic :smile:
Reply 33
Eeeeek it's all so exciting :smile: what kind of experience have you got? And are u nervous for interviews? I'm a little nervous but more excited/enthusiastic :smile:

It is! Lol I'm excited but yeah nervous too. I've done a year of adult nursing, voluntary work in A&E, I'm doing an Advanced Anatomy and Physiology Level 3 course at mo, I've been a First Responder for nearly a year now and I'm just about to take a Heart start course.

What about you? Have you applied to Teesside?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by XLynseyBX
It is! Lol I'm excited but yeah nervous too. I've done a year of adult nursing, voluntary work in A&E, I'm doing an Advanced Anatomy and Physiology Level 3 course at mo, I've been a First Responder for nearly a year now and I'm just about to take a Heart start course.

What about you? Have you applied to Teesside?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I've applied to teeside. Wow you've got great experience! :smile: I started off doing placements/voluntary work in elderly residential homes at 17 during college for about 11 weeks in total. Then I became a support worker for young adults with learning disabilities, mental health and challenging behaviour for 2 years, during that time I also worked with children and elderly service users with the above stated conditions. I then became a private support worker for an adult with LD and challenging behaviour for a year before becoming a full time student where I've just completed an access to HE Health diploma in June. I'm 22 now so I'm abit on the mature side for starting uni, but this is what I've always wanted to do and tbh I feel mature enough and confident enough now to peruse it where as I don't think I was ready before:smile: how old are u if u don't mind me asking?
Reply 35
Yeah I've applied to teeside. Wow you've got great experience! :smile: I started off doing placements/voluntary work in elderly residential homes at 17 during college for about 11 weeks in total. Then I became a support worker for young adults with learning disabilities, mental health and challenging behaviour for 2 years, during that time I also worked with children and elderly service users with the above stated conditions. I then became a private support worker for an adult with LD and challenging behaviour for a year before becoming a full time student where I've just completed an access to HE Health diploma in June. I'm 22 now so I'm abit on the mature side for starting uni, but this is what I've always wanted to do and tbh I feel mature enough and confident enough now to peruse it where as I don't think I was ready before:smile: how old are u if u don't mind me asking?

Let's hope experience works for us haha. I'm 31 and pretty much same I've had to delay it until now though as we now have 4 children, our 3 boys have Global Developmental Delay so they were my number one priority but now our twins are nearly 2 I think they're ready for nursery so I'm grabbing the bull by the horns lol. Have you applied for Sept intake?

Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
I've applied to teesside are received a interview for the 3rd December
Original post by Danielacko
I've applied to teesside are received a interview for the 3rd December

That's when my interview is aswell! 9am?
Reply 38
That's when my interview is aswell! 9am?

Mines at 9am aswell, what experience you got. ?
Original post by Danielacko
Mines at 9am aswell, what experience you got. ?

About 5years care experience in different settings, if u look up the page abit I've told another girl in more detail of my experience. What's your experience? Are you nervous? :smile:

Latest