The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Social Work BA degree

Hi all,
My name is Kelly-Anne starting Hull University September, offer is now unconditional, anyone else doing this degree?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by kelly-anne
Hi all,
My name is Kelly-Anne starting Hull University September, offer is now unconditional, anyone else doing this degree?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Kelly-Anne, I've also now got an unconditional offer for social work at Hull.
Add me to Facebook if you like. Look for Lucy Johnson and my profile pic is my hubby and I. I'm wearing a polka dot dress with a red cardi.

Are you nervous about starting?

Lucy x
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi everyone :smile:

I am starting this course too in September, anyone have any details of times/rooms and dates for induction week (I know it's week beginning 30th September)

Where is everyone travelling from?
Reply 3
Hiya,

I believe we are getting some information on where we need to be etc in the post this week.
I'm local so only travelling from a village near Beverley.

How about yourself?
Reply 4
Hi

I am coming from Cleethorpes so a little more of a journey for me, looking forward to getting started now, seem to have been waiting ages!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Wow! Yeah that's a bit of a trek. I can't wait to get started too. Do we get our timetable the first week?
Reply 6
Hi all, my names Amy Brice and I'm starting the Social Work course in September too :smile: I can't wait to get started and meet you all :smile:
Reply 7
Hi Amy,

I'm looking forward to getting started and meeting everyone.

Do you have facebook? Easier to keep in touch. Do you know if anyone has statted a facebook page for new starters?

Lucy x
Reply 8
I think we are supposed to be getting induction week timetables this week not sure about the rest of the time at uni

My Facebook is Katy Watson my pic is a black and white one with my fella

Looking forward to meeting everyone

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
And no.. Don't think they have, only for the MA social work at hull not our BA X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
From what another girl has said on here I think we're in Monday, Tuesdays, Thursdays but don't want to bank on it because it might change.

I saw other was an MA page, shame there isn't one for BA.
Reply 11
Yeah we're only in Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays for the 1st semester. Apparently that's for definite, I emailed on of the tutors the other day and she sent back a confirmation of days but not times of lectures and classes. She said she doesn't know them but that the social office will be able to help me with that. My Facebook is Amy Brice and it's a picture of me and my partner. I'm blonde lol xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
I havnt seen any Facebook pages but I have found someone else who is on this course on twitter :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Hello, i'll be studying Social Work too. Does anyone have an idea of when our days might end time wise due to the fact im starting a job to support myself or should I email the department?
Reply 14
Hi Amy, I can't find you on Facebook for some reason. You might have to search for me. Got my timetable and induction week times through the post this week, did you guys? Jack did you receive any info in the post this week?

Are you local or travelling?
Reply 15
I've moved to the Taylor Court accommodation so I'll be staying at campus. I did get a pack of information just after I posted on here actually. It gave us a provisional timetable so I've gone with that for now.

Are any of you buying the books off that reading list they have given us? Or just waiting till at the library?
Reply 16
Don't buy any books now. A lot of them can be accessed on google books and some might be in the library. I'm travelling but either from Gilberdyke or Hull. My mum lives in Gilberdyke but my boyfriend lives in hull. What will I find u under on Facebook Lucy? Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
If you look for Lucy Johnson and my profile pic is me in a polka dot dress and red Cardi and my hubby in a white shirt. I've got family in Gilberdyke.

Have you heard of Harry's Fund? Xx
Reply 18
Okay I'll take a look :smile: and OMG do u? What a small world haha. And no I havnt "/ you'll have to explain to me what it's near when we finally meet haha :smile: xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest