The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Who else has been stuck in Hazel Farm?

hello :smile:

So i've been offered accommodation in Hazel farm, i'm not happy about the distance it is from the university but I suppose you just have to make the best out of a bad situation, is there anyone else going to be expecting to stay here this year? :smile:

Zoe

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey!

My name is Elena, and I am "stuck" at hazel farm too. Specifically I'm in Hamilton Place, 03. What do you have?
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Reply 2
ha ha, maybe not my best choice of words, i'm in Hamilton Place 02, so we'll be next to each other :smile:
Reply 3
haha, no I get it! I had the same reaction when I found out my accommodation. But after a quick research I realised that it's also a nice place. The only problem is the distance, but hey we are getting a free bus pass. We'll be fine, don't worry! Oh and we are also neighbours, that's good. :smile: Are you on facebook?
Reply 4
Yeah, i'm a bit worried about people saying it can be a bit difficult to get back to after a night out (in comparison to the on campus accommodation) but i'm sure I can get over it ;D yeah I am, i'll message you my e-mail address :smile:
Reply 5
hello

i have been stuck in hazel farm too :smile:) hamilton place 02. so i guess we'll be roomies.

Diana
Reply 6
Original post by Dydee
hello

i have been stuck in hazel farm too :smile:) hamilton place 02. so i guess we'll be roomies.

Diana

How do you all know the number of your rooms?
Reply 7
Hi ALL,
I am in hamilton place 07 .

I guess Hazel Farm is not that bad haha. doing some exercise is goood thou :P.

Nice to meet all and congrats for your offers.

Ha.
Reply 8
Does anybody know if there is much around Hazel Farm? There seems to be only one place for food shopping and it doesn't look so great. It's called Costcutter.
Reply 9
Original post by postgrad123
Does anybody know if there is much around Hazel Farm? There seems to be only one place for food shopping and it doesn't look so great. It's called Costcutter.

Honestly, there is also a hotel for bunnies and guinea pigs (http://www.katiesbunnyboarding.com/)... But I couldn't find anything else on map!
Reply 10
Im in Hamilton place 21, anyone near there :smile:??
Reply 11
I'm quite chuffed with being put here to be honest, only downfall - no 24hour library!:frown:

although, I seem to be the only one on Hamilton Drive, number 29:biggrin:
I was in Hazel farm last year. It really is a nice place to live, and the distance shouldn't be an issue. You get free bus passes, and its only a 20 minute cycle to campus.
There is a sainsburys on Worplesdon road, about 15 minutes walk away, or you could just hop on the bus to Tesco, which is what most people do.
If you have a car, it makes things a lot easier though.
I was in number 30 Hamilton drive, is anyone there this year?
Reply 13
I would be staying in 30 Hamilton drive. Nice to meet you all.
Original post by tsantosh7
I would be staying in 30 Hamilton drive. Nice to meet you all.

Which room?
Reply 15
Original post by gazzagoalie
Which room?

We don't know which room just which house
Am in Hamilton Drive 30 too
Hmm, that's different to how it was for us. We were told our room numbers at the same time as our house numbers.
Reply 18
Hello postgrad 123, what is your course in post graduation. I am also coming for the same.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tsantosh7
Hello postgrad 123, what is your course in post graduation. I am also coming for the same.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll be doing MSc Medical Imaging :smile: How about you?

Quick Reply