The Student Room Group

resits

Is it possible to get into Oxford after failing year 12, choosing completely different subjects and getting straight As the second time around?

The head of my sixth form (I go to a pretty bad inner-city sixth form) mentioned that I should 'have a shot at it'; I figured that I'd ask on the brutally honest tsr before getting my hopes at all.

edit: I should say that I didn't fail conventionally: I sorta didn't turn up to most of my exams, resulting in A (englist lit.) D (sociology) X (history) X (biology). I switched to maths, chemistry, physics and further maths.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by VDW
Is it possible to get into Oxford after failing year 12, choosing completely different subjects and getting straight As the second time around?

The head of my sixth form (I go to a pretty bad inner-city sixth form) mentioned that I should 'have a shot at it'; I figured that I'd ask on the brutally honest ~tsr~ before getting my hopes at all.

DONT LAUGH AT ME!

edit: I should say that I didn't fail conventionally: I sorta didn't turn up to most of my exams, resulting in A (englist lit.) D (sociology) X (history) X (biology). I switched to maths, chemistry, physics and further maths.
Yep it's possible :smile: As always, try not to pin your hopes on it - and remember there are lots of other good universities - but you may as well have a shot.

Quick Reply