The Student Room Group

Edexcel Music A Level - What happened with my coursework??

I just finished year 12, did A level music a year early and got my results yesterday.
I got a B overall, which I expected, although an A wasn't impossible. I was pretty happy with that until I looked at my modules and saw that my performance module had been marked as a U.
It's marked in school as coursework, and moderated by the exam board, and my teacher gave it a high A, so I don't understand how it can change this much! I have grade 7 saxophone, and I've been playing for five years, and while I wouldn't necessarily have said I deserved an A for it, I think a U is really harsh, and don't understand!
The worst part is, if I had received the mark my teacher gave me, my overall grade would have been an A, but even if I get it remarked, she said the exam board are unlikely to change my grade much.
What can I do? I want to apply to Oxbridge, so I have to submit my UCAS form by the 15th of October, and so even if I get a remark, I won't have the new grade in time to submit it, and if my grade changes or there has been a mistake, I want to be able to show that on my application.

Does anyone know anything I can do, or has anyone had a similar issue with coursework? I was really happy with the rest of my results and this kind of raining on my parade...
Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest