The Student Room Group

Bad AS results -need help

So, as you can tell my results weren't too good:
(Edexcel) Mathematics: D
(Edexcel) Physics: D
(OCR) Music: C
(OCR) Biology (but was planning to drop anyway): U

Now music coursework I was expecting to get more so I am getting that remarked, and Mathematics was brought down by a U in D1 (which I detest) so I plan to teach myself S1 or M1 depending on what is the course taught in A2. Physics was simply bad.

But is there absolutely no way of resitting in January now? Because I was hoping to do that to help relieve some stress if I chose not to redo the year which I want to avoid... I would gladly except some advice, thank you.
Reply 1
January exams are 100% gone, so if you retake it will be in June with all your A2s :/
Reply 2
Original post by MeganRok
January exams are 100% gone, so if you retake it will be in June with all your A2s :/

Agh that sucks :/ I think that is stupid because with the exception of physics it is just one exam in music and maths that really lost my grade, and in years time I may have forgotten the stuff if I don't redo the year...
Reply 3
http://www.furthermaths.org.uk/onlinerevision.php is a pretty helpful tool if you want to look at it. It helps a little with self-teaching because our F math schedule was really hectic and we had to do a fair bit on our own.
Reply 4
Original post by Mickey2909
http://www.furthermaths.org.uk/onlinerevision.php is a pretty helpful tool if you want to look at it. It helps a little with self-teaching because our F math schedule was really hectic and we had to do a fair bit on our own.

Cheers that is great, I will probably use it for the A2 modules as well so they wont be as much of a flop, so yeah, thank you (:
I've put this on another thread somewhere but i havent really got an answer

I got
Biology: B
Chemistry: C ( four ums away from a b)
French: C
Maths: E!!!

as there are no jan exams anymore does this mean that it will be too late?
im thinking of retaking a chem module to get atleast a b,
i wanted to do chemistry at uni but im worried i wont get a place anywhere.
also someone said something about a conditional offer based on the resit. how would that work?
Help!
Original post by ElDorado
So, as you can tell my results weren't too good:
(Edexcel) Mathematics: D
(Edexcel) Physics: D
(OCR) Music: C
(OCR) Biology (but was planning to drop anyway): U

Now music coursework I was expecting to get more so I am getting that remarked, and Mathematics was brought down by a U in D1 (which I detest) so I plan to teach myself S1 or M1 depending on what is the course taught in A2. Physics was simply bad.

But is there absolutely no way of resitting in January now? Because I was hoping to do that to help relieve some stress if I chose not to redo the year which I want to avoid... I would gladly except some advice, thank you.

Annoyingly, January exams are gone. :mad:
But I guess we can use that to our advantage by revising/preparing for the summer exams really far in advance without being interrupted. Either way, it's going to be a bloodbath. :colone:

If it makes you feel any better, I do edexcel maths too, and I got a D as well, haha. :colondollar:
Reply 7
I got CDDU too. I'm getting some remarked but nevertheless next June is going to be hell for me!
All the exams were pretty hard.
Reply 9
Original post by mddub39
I got CDDU too. I'm getting some remarked but nevertheless next June is going to be hell for me!

Aye I know the feeling, spent a lot of time calculating today exams I will retake (trying to do minimal) so it wont be too much strain in the summer with A2 exams as well :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest