The Student Room Group

AS Grades

Hi,

I got the results of my AS grades yesterday, and they were slightly lower than I would have liked.

I got:

A-Psychology
B-Biology
B-Chemistry
B-Geography
B-General Studies

I would like to apply for Veterinary Medicine (D100), and I understand that this course is over subscribed. I feel that I still would be able to get the A level grades necessary for the course, being AAA.

But do Universities still look at your AS grades when you apply? And will my AS grades be too low for any universities to give me an offer.

Thanks
Reply 1
They do, but your AS results look great! Plus, you're usually predicted one grade higher for A2 so you should get the requirements or higher.
Reply 2
Thanks, it just that for veterinary medicine ALOT of very very clever kids apply, like ones with AAA As grades

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by HannahGibson
Thanks, it just that for veterinary medicine ALOT of very very clever kids apply, like ones with AAA As grades

Posted from TSR Mobile

No problem :smile: and don't be put off by them. You seem clever enough!
Reply 4
It's not just the grades that matter, you have to be a well-rounded individual and I've heard of plenty of kids who've achieved very impressive grades but didn't actually get in due to the fact that they weren't able to boast anything else. Get involved in things, make your PS stand out and I reckon you'll be fine.
Reply 5
Reply 6
Original post by Mickey2909
It's not just the grades that matter, you have to be a well-rounded individual and I've heard of plenty of kids who've achieved very impressive grades but didn't actually get in due to the fact that they weren't able to boast anything else. Get involved in things, make your PS stand out and I reckon you'll be fine.

Thanks Mickey2909,

I was just really worried about it, thanks, and I have done 6 weeks of work experience so far, with another 2 weeks planned.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest