The Student Room Group

Best route to Medicine

I went through UCAS this year to get into medicine and got no offers but have a place for Biomedical Science which allows transfer to medicine in Sheffield. I've tried clearing for medicine but no such luck.

Do you think my best bet from hereon in is to accept the biomed course, hoping to get in through the transfer (I don't know what the odds of this happening are), or to reapply totally next year?

I'm just gutted that I've worked so hard to get into uni, exceeded my grades, and still can't go.
Reply 1
Hi!
Sorry you didn't manage any offers for medicine despite doing very well, I know how frustrated you must feel. I would say at this stage, step back and re-evaluate your application. If you think there is more you could have done in terms of: work experience, personal statement, interview, medical schools you applied to, UKCAT, etc. Then it is a good idea to think about taking a gap year to improve your application. If there is nothing more you could have done, I would say snap up that place as transfer courses are a good option.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending