The Student Room Group

Audiology - September 2014

Hi,

Is anyone considering on studying audiology?
I received CCD for my AS, should I still consider becoming an audiologist?

Look forward to discussing with you all!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zara2013
Hi,

Is anyone considering on studying audiology?
I received CCD for my AS, should I still consider becoming an audiologist?

Look forward to discussing with you all!

Of course. I got dde and got 5 offers.
Reply 2
Original post by somebodyguideme

Wow; hope. What were your predicted grades? What grades did you get in the end?
Original post by zara2013
Wow; hope. What were your predicted grades? What grades did you get in the end?

Predicted I think bbc and I got abb.. but my offers were bbc and bbb
Reply 4
Predicted I think bbc and I got abb.. but my offers were bbc and bbb

That's great! Which 5 universities did you apply to and where did you end up going?

Sorry for the million and one questions!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm thinking of studying audiology too! :smile:
I got the same AS grades as you, was quite upset tbh but I'm determined to work extra hard this year&study audiology.
Reply 6
Original post by stressed.human
I'm thinking of studying audiology too! :smile:
I got the same AS grades as you, was quite upset tbh but I'm determined to work extra hard this year&study audiology.

That's great! Me too...hopefully an excellent personal statement and interview which shows our determination will work in our favour. :smile:
That's great! Me too...hopefully an excellent personal statement and interview which shows our determination will work in our favour.

Haha I hope it'll be enough! What do you think your teachers will predict you?
Reply 8
Haha I hope it'll be enough! What do you think your teachers will predict you?

ABC or BCC - I do BTEC Applied Science so I can either get a Distinction (A) or Merit (C). I'm not sure which way my teachers will sway. You?
ABC or BCC - I do BTEC Applied Science so I can either get a Distinction (A) or Merit (C). I'm not sure which way my teachers will sway. You?

Oh right, I do alevels &based on my AS grades, I think my predictions will probably be BCC :/ I'm not sure my application will even be considered with them predicted grades :/
Even if your predictions are BCC, will you still apply for Audiology?
Reply 10
Oh right, I do alevels &based on my AS grades, I think my predictions will probably be BCC :/ I'm not sure my application will even be considered with them predicted grades :/
Even if your predictions are BCC, will you still apply for Audiology?

I've always wanted to do audiology and it's not a "fought-over" course yet so hopefully we'll get in. I will probably get predicted BCC but I am still going to apply. I live in good hope!

Don't worry about predictions, after all they are only predictions. :smile:
Aha thats kinda put me at ease! Where you thinking of applying to?
Reply 12
Aha thats kinda put me at ease! Where you thinking of applying to?

For definite:
DMU
Aston
Manchester

I might take healthcare science in cardiology or respiratory and sleep science as my two other options but I'm not sure yet. Yourself?
Yep same! Aston being the closest to home :smile: also applying to middlesex&swansea
Reply 14
Yep same! Aston being the closest to home :smile: also applying to middlesex&swansea

That's cool! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15

Can you advise us on any personal statement/interview tips? I think my teachers will predict me BCC - would I still get offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think this is the only thread on Audiology 2014 'cause I cant find any others. Hopefully that means there aren't many people applying to study it this year :biggrin:
Reply 17
I was looking that up too. Hopefully! It'd work in our favour greatly. :smile:
I think this is the only thread on Audiology 2014 'cause I cant find any others. Hopefully that means there aren't many people applying to study it this year :biggrin:

Most unis only take in 15 ish people as there isnt much demand.

In terms of interview tips - I had one at manc but offers a few weeks after ucas was submitted for the rest. The manc interview was more of an open day where u got to speak to people and see the uni etc. Nothing to worry about.

Your personal statement should be exactly that, personal. However, make it specific and make it relate to the course. Say what a certain experience taught u and how you can use that in the future at uni or ur career. Id be happy to have a look for you if you wanted.
Most unis only take in 15 ish people as there isnt much demand.

In terms of interview tips - I had one at manc but offers a few weeks after ucas was submitted for the rest. The manc interview was more of an open day where u got to speak to people and see the uni etc. Nothing to worry about.

Your personal statement should be exactly that, personal. However, make it specific and make it relate to the course. Say what a certain experience taught u and how you can use that in the future at uni or ur career. Id be happy to have a look for you if you wanted.

What were your predicted grades?:smile:

Quick Reply