Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by stressed.human
What were your predicted grades?:smile:

She was predicted BCC and got 5 offers. There is hope for us too. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Hi,

swansea want ddd in btec? but I got a mmm? and they want C in maths, but I got a d.
Should I attempt to apply, or use my ucas for something else?
She was predicted BCC and got 5 offers. There is hope for us too. :smile:

There definitely is hope then:smile:

Hi,
swansea want ddd in btec? but I got a mmm? and they want C in maths, but I got a d.
Should I attempt to apply, or use my ucas for something else?

Hey, if you got a mmm in your first year, then do you think your predicted grades may be ddm or ddd for your second year? If so, then you probably should apply if its what you really want to study:smile: also, about your D in maths, I think you should phone up the uni and ask them whether or not they'd allow you to study the course with a D :smile:
There definitely is hope then:smile:

Hey, if you got a mmm in your first year, then do you think your predicted grades may be ddm or ddd for your second year? If so, then you probably should apply if its what you really want to study:smile: also, about your D in maths, I think you should phone up the uni and ask them whether or not they'd allow you to study the course with a D :smile:

Predicted doesnt mean much unless its for med. I know people who had rubbish predicted for things like optom and then got worse than their predicted but still got a place..
Predicted doesnt mean much unless its for med. I know people who had rubbish predicted for things like optom and then got worse than their predicted but still got a place..

woah thats crazy:redface: so what uni are you studying/going to be studying at now? what was your offer for that uni and what grades did u actually get?:smile:
Reply 25
Is anyone else considering applying? The first draft for my personal statement is due in 3 weeks today. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Hey there.. I've been considering applying for Audiology for over a year now since I can't get into Optom or Pharmacy. I've done Psychology, General Studies and Biology A-levels, got grades AAB :biggrin: finishing off double btec Health and Social Care this year, should sail through with D*D*. Also doing English Language AS and Maths AS independently :cool:

..sorry about my long list of A-levels, I'm currently in my 3rd year at 6th form when I could easily have been at uni starting nursing or something in the next few weeks:mad:
Hey there.. I've been considering applying for Audiology for over a year now since I can't get into Optom or Pharmacy. I've done Psychology, General Studies and Biology A-levels, got grades AAB finishing off double btec Health and Social Care this year, should sail through with D*D*. Also doing English Language AS and Maths AS independently

..sorry about my long list of A-levels, I'm currently in my 3rd year at 6th form when I could easily have been at uni starting nursing or something in the next few weeks

Thats an amazing set of grades:smile: why did you have to do an extra year at 6th form?
hey me lovelies all the best with your application hope you all get offers. im just thinking if i should consider applying for it at Aston. my grades are as following

A2 ICT - D
A2 psychology- D
Bect business level 3 - Pass
Btec extended diploma levle 3 (currenetly in second year) got DMM in first year
ps i got a B in gces maths and a C in English (should i retake to increase my chance)
Reply 29
Thats an amazing set of grades:smile: why did you have to do an extra year at 6th form?

errrrm I didnt :s-smilie: I got really good grades for GCSE so school knew there was something wrong as I was capable of so much more than what I got for AS. They didnt give me a chance of speaking to other students so made me pick up health and social care as its the easy route into healthcare based courses. So I started the new school year by being in year 12 again and realised so many of the year 13's got worse AS grades than me :angry: but were going through the ucas process.

So basically I wasted a year and everyone thinks I'm stupid. Then I tell them what grades I got for A2.. then they still think I'm stupid because I'm still at 6th form.. :frown:

#rantover
errrrm I didnt I got really good grades for GCSE so school knew there was something wrong as I was capable of so much more than what I got for AS. They didnt give me a chance of speaking to other students so made me pick up health and social care as its the easy route into healthcare based courses. So I started the new school year by being in year 12 again and realised so many of the year 13's got worse AS grades than me but were going through the ucas process.

So basically I wasted a year and everyone thinks I'm stupid. Then I tell them what grades I got for A2.. then they still think I'm stupid because I'm still at 6th form..

#rantover

Ah I see! Oh well, as long as you get to where you wanna be in a few years time, it wont matter how or how long it took you to get there :smile:
Original post by Humera_x
errrrm I didnt :s-smilie: I got really good grades for GCSE so school knew there was something wrong as I was capable of so much more than what I got for AS. They didnt give me a chance of speaking to other students so made me pick up health and social care as its the easy route into healthcare based courses. So I started the new school year by being in year 12 again and realised so many of the year 13's got worse AS grades than me :angry: but were going through the ucas process.

So basically I wasted a year and everyone thinks I'm stupid. Then I tell them what grades I got for A2.. then they still think I'm stupid because I'm still at 6th form.. :frown:

#rantover

Why cant you do optom? I know about 6 people who got in with 3 bs?
Reply 32
Original post by somebodyguideme
Why cant you do optom? I know about 6 people who got in with 3 bs?

I don't have 2 sciences, plus I managed to fail chemistry :undefined:banghead[/ when it wasn't even that hard lol
Reply 33
What about Psychology? Some consider it as a science

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
Original post by zara2013
What about Psychology? Some consider it as a science

Posted from TSR Mobile

only Manchester seems to consider it as a science for Audiology. I got laughed at over the phone when I rang univeristies asking if they accepted Biology plus Psychology in place of 2 sciences :frown:
only Manchester seems to consider it as a science for Audiology. I got laughed at over the phone when I rang univeristies asking if they accepted Biology plus Psychology in place of 2 sciences

I'm sure Aston consider Psychology as a science too :s-smilie:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Humera_x
only Manchester seems to consider it as a science for Audiology. I got laughed at over the phone when I rang univeristies asking if they accepted Biology plus Psychology in place of 2 sciences :frown:

My two sciences are bio and psyc?! I got all my offers...
This thread is so dead! :confused: Anyhow, I went to the DMU open day today, and I was told that this years applications for Audiology have gone up by 148%! Which is absolutely crazy. I have no hope
Reply 38
Oh my God! That has worried me.
Reply 39
Ahh cool! I'm thinking of DMU, Aston, Manchester, Leeds and Middlesex.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending