The Student Room Group

Dundee or Aberdeen for CompSci?

I have two clearing places for Computing Science, one each from Dundee and Aberdeen, and I was wondering what people thought of the cities.
I'm visiting this weekend, but wanted people's opinions too.

What's the nightlife like? Anything that isn't clubbing (pubs are fine though)?
Is the accommodation good? Am I likely to get a good place now?
What do you think of the course?

Which would you choose?
Reply 1
Hey there,

I don't really have anything I could tell you about Aberdeen but having lived in Dundee most of my life thought I'd give it a go!

Dundee has a great night life. There are 3 big clubs, liquid, underground and fat sams plus the union which is definitely the best union I have been in. I think it regularly wins award as it has two pubs in it, and a night club which is all good fun! Not to mention pound drinks woo. There are plenty of good pubs as well, and a lot of people will go through to the pubs in Broughty Ferry as its a great atmosphere down there as well. (Sorry may have read your question a bit wrong!) I think Aberdeen has a bit more going on but the Dundee union really is a good selling point.

As for accomodation I don't think you would struggle to get something decent. I don't know about the Dundee actual halls but there are plenty of private halls, the hub, west end apartments, opal 1, the old mill etc etc which I think are all roughly priced the same and the ones i've been in have all been really nice! Most are new builds as well so they are modern and good! I don't know what your chances are in Aberdeen but its worth noting that in the future private renting at least is very expensive in Aberdeen. I was planning to move there a few months back but I just couldn't afford it, I was looking at £200-300 more for the same qaulities of flats.

I think that's all I've got hahaha! But good luck with whatever you choose, they are both great universities and both great cities!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending