The Student Room Group

AS Results: D D A

I just got my AS results back and I got:

English Language D (3 marks off C)
Accounting D (1 mark off C)
Sociology A

I have no idea if I should progress onto A2 or leave and go into a full time job?

I've heard that A2 is obviously harder and I've got to work extra hard to raise those two D's.

I've found it difficult to motivate myself as it is at AS and I don't know if I can do it next year or not.

Any help and advice please?
Reply 2
Original post by mollybalmer
I just got my AS results back and I got:

English Language D (3 marks off C)
Accounting D (1 mark off C)
Sociology A

I have no idea if I should progress onto A2 or leave and go into a full time job?

I've heard that A2 is obviously harder and I've got to work extra hard to raise those two D's.

I've found it difficult to motivate myself as it is at AS and I don't know if I can do it next year or not.

Any help and advice please?

If it was just an issue of motivation then I'd say stay on, if your aim is uni the fact you could have offers riding on results might spur you on. Talk to your teachers and work out if there are any specific modules really dragging you down that you can resit from the D's... You are near the border so it is perfectly possible to pull them up to C's or B's.
Reply 3
I would progress if it's what you want to do. I got an E on one exam one year and got that up to a C the next year so it's completely possible to improve.

Quick Reply

Latest