The Student Room Group

cheating... would you want to know?! karma?

Hi all

ANON OR DELETE

i cant believe im going to admit this however for the last 8 months ive been sleeping with my ex from 4 years ago......:colondollar:

Since we split 4 years ago he would text about once a month just saying like hey how are you thinking of you ...or miss you etc ... and i wouldn't reply . Then in January this year i was really low and stupidly replied for some attention ( yes im honest!).... it quickly got more and more and we agreed to meet ' as friends' but lets just say that didnt last long we were quickly spending every single weekend together and admitting we were falling back in love like nothing had changed.... i admit i was bonkers about him i though the had changed ( was a very rough break up 4 years ago he was awful to me) we would be walking round the streets holding hands i met all his new business partners and he introduced me to all his friends so i had no reason to doubt him.

nothing was official and i had told him i didnt want to make it official untill he proved that he had changed.

8 weeks ago I found out he has had a long term girlfriend all this time ( how she is with him i dont know as i have spent every weekend with him for months and she lives 70 miles away) .....he said he was going to leave her and that I was all he has ever truely loved & thats why he kept in touch since we split ( the usual rubbish :mad:) and i fell for it thinking he loved me:confused: - as he kept saying he loved me- he said he would buy us a flat and we could make a proper go of it blah blah blah. but he needed ' time' as he couldn't just finish her by text and that ' we needed to see it was definitely gonna work and not just be sex'

anyway ive woken up and realized im STUPID to have gone back there and even more of a BITCH to stay with him the last 6-8 weeks knowing he has a serious girlfriend.

ive cut all contact and asked him never to contact me again.

does she deserve to know? or should i just walk away and let karma work its magic?.

DISCLOSURE: i KNOW what i have done is bad... but love makes you do VERY stupid things. You can post nasty things all you want:frown::frown: ....i know i deserve whats coming to me .

?

x
Reply 1
If you've cut contact with him, I don't see what you get out of telling her. I personally would leave them alone if it were me, if I'd already cut off all contact.
Reply 2
Walk away from it... nothing to be gained really... but if he gets involved with a friend of yours in the future then warn her before it becomes serious maybe?
Reply 3
I think she deserves to know. I know I wouldn't want to be left in the dark if I was in her place, and he's basically just walked all over both of you and should not be allowed to keep doing so.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
thank you 3 for responding.

as to what ' i would get' i would gain nothing either way ....she may come after me if i told her - seen it happen before with girls blaming the other single girl not her boyfriend- but i would want to know..........& i kind of feel sorry for her declaring her love standing by him when he is cheating on her and not just with me - he has admitted hes cheated on her before

eeeeek maybe i should just let karma work its magic x
**** karma. For all you know that you going to her could be karma for him!
Reply 6
I would personally want to know. If they're in a serious relationship they may get married, have kids ect. I think she deserves to know before these complications make it harder to walk away
Reply 7
but it also could be karma for me if i go to her he may come after me.... i know he can be very vindictive. so i think im best to walk out of his life as i know for sure that will hurt him more than anything. -
Reply 8
I'd want to know if it was me.

Try and make him tell her, it would be awful having to hear it from the girl he's been cheating on her with.
Reply 9
Normally I'd tell, but seeing as contact is off at the moment, I'd walk away and avoid a **** storm.
You did nothing wrong, you didn't cheat and you didn't even know about his gf, so stop feeling guilty.
I'd tell her because I'd have wanted to know if it was me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending