The Student Room Group

SELF STUDY - Okay I have 7 months to do 2 A- Levels and a GCSE

Possible? I want at least a C. I have bought the AQA textbooks and have a study plan that will the see the books finished with a month left for revision and past papers..
Reply 1
Are these AS or AS and A2 in 7 months? If it's two AS levels and you are studying 7 months solid on these then it shouldn't be a problem at all, Especially if it is a subject like maths. If it's both it will be harder but not impossible.
Of course it's possible, you just need to put the work in. When I did sociology (1 of 2 years) I had to self study, my teacher would walk out of the room and would just ask us to copy from the book. Needless to say we took matters into our own hands, to my surprise I had a B for the first year. I only dropped because I was sick of having no teacher. I am retaking it in college though. I swear I am never doing sixth form again the teachers are spread way too thin.
Reply 3
Original post by KiwisMangos
Possible? I want at least a C. I have bought the AQA textbooks and have a study plan that will the see the books finished with a month left for revision and past papers..

Why only 7 months? The next set of exams don't start until mid May.
Reply 4
Thats good to hear. I originally took the A levels with a distance learning provider but after getting the files there seems to be so much printed information that isnt actually in the spec so i decided to just buy the AQA endorsed textbooks and learn off them.. Do they cover the spec entirely?

Its for AS and A2. 7 Months do learn the material and a month to revise and do past papers I was thinking, I rounded it down to that for prep time etc. The subjects are Biology and Environmental studies. With a maths GCSE.
Reply 5
Any one else in a similar position or has completed these A levels?

Quick Reply

Latest