The Student Room Group

Msc Occupational Therapy (pre-reg) applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Clairey122
Hopefully :smile: one of my friends moved over on her own last year and shes getting on great.

Did she come over for a course aswell?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 81
Original post by blondyx
Did she come over for a course aswell?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah shes doing a masters in Birmingham so shes getting on great!
Reply 82
Original post by Clairey122
Yeah shes doing a masters in Birmingham so shes getting on great!

Wicked. So have you wanted to be an OT for long? Have you got much experience in the area?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 83
Hi - sorry for delayed reply. I live a commutable distance although it's kind of a long journey :s I also applied to Essex and I've got an interview there. I didn't hear back from LSBU though :frown:
Reply 84
Original post by blondyx
Same as you. Ah I would have met you on that date if you could attend :-) hope you can get it rescheduled.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey Blondyx, I found out that I have my interview that on the 5th too :smile: Feeling a bit apprehensive, not least cos I got lost when I went to an open day there so need to make sure that doesn't happen when I need to be there for 9:30am!!
Reply 85
In case anyone that applied to southbank in the second wave is waiting to hear back from LSBU, I emailed them today and they said they have their short list they are just waiting to arrange dates.
Reply 86
Original post by helenasr
Hey Blondyx, I found out that I have my interview that on the 5th too :smile: Feeling a bit apprehensive, not least cos I got lost when I went to an open day there so need to make sure that doesn't happen when I need to be there for 9:30am!!

Oh really? I thought you couldn't attend on the 5th? I am nervous too, not really sure how or what to prepare.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 87
I rang Southbank and they can let you know if you've been shortlisted, they told me I have been shortlisted but still waiting on dates x
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 88
Hi Helenasr and Emily_1
I have an interview for essex on the 5th also. have you guys had interviews anywhere else or are these the first. Really hope it goes well. Im coming all the way from Leeds.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 89
Brunel on the 5th will be my first interview. I am scared! No idea what to prepare

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 90
I think most places have a group activity and a one on one interview. If that helps lol. Usually a basic group activity to see how you interact. All the best!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 91
Original post by femgeek
I think most places have a group activity and a one on one interview. If that helps lol. Usually a basic group activity to see how you interact. All the best!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks you too. Where did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 92
I applied to Derby, East anglia uni, Leeds Met and Essex. How about yourself? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 93
Original post by femgeek
I applied to Derby, East anglia uni, Leeds Met and Essex. How about yourself? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow quite a few. Do you reckon we need to revise anything like anatomy or scenario type questions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 94
Lol. Where have you applied?

No I dont think so I spoke to the Secretary and she didn't mention anything like that. But we cant be sure I guess.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 95
Hi femgeek and blondyx,

Seems like the 5th is D-Day! I had an interview at South Bank a few weeks ago so I feel as though that has helped me to prepare a little, although I think the Brunel process is a bit more involved. At South Bank we had to a group task relating to OT and then write a reflection based on the task. I get the impression we may have to do something similar at Brunel plus a few extra bits. I'm most nervous about the 1-1 interview so mainly focusing on preparing for that - trying to preempt questions etc. As far as I'm aware we won't have to do anything related to anatomy, or at least I hope not because I don't come from a science background at all!
Reply 96
Original post by helenasr
Hi femgeek and blondyx,

Seems like the 5th is D-Day! I had an interview at South Bank a few weeks ago so I feel as though that has helped me to prepare a little, although I think the Brunel process is a bit more involved. At South Bank we had to a group task relating to OT and then write a reflection based on the task. I get the impression we may have to do something similar at Brunel plus a few extra bits. I'm most nervous about the 1-1 interview so mainly focusing on preparing for that - trying to preempt questions etc. As far as I'm aware we won't have to do anything related to anatomy, or at least I hope not because I don't come from a science background at all!

Hi Helen.

Thanks for the information. What makes you say Brunel will be more involved? What sort of OT task was it if you don't me asking? I am rubbish at reflections :_/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 97
Hi Helenasr,

Have you heard anything from south bank yet?
Reply 98
It seems to be a longer process - 4 or 5 hours compared to 2 or 3 - and there are 3 or 4 bits to it rather than just 2. Although I suppose I did have to submit a much more involved statement for South Bank, so it's swings and roundabouts.

Um, without saying too much (as I think they're still interviewing!), the task tested our general understanding of OT (rather than anything specific) and the way we worked within a group setting. The reflection wasn't so bad, they gave us questions to steer us in the right direction. I think it's just about being honest and accurate about what you experienced...or at least I hope that's what they're looking for!
Reply 99
Original post by Mimi2301
Hi Helenasr,

Have you heard anything from south bank yet?

Hi Mimi2301 - no I've not heard anything yet, have you? I think they said mid-March, although I might be misremembering?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending