The Student Room Group

Shocked at AS-Level Results?

I'm so upset because I got AAAC. Chemistry was a C, but I'm even more upset because I got 2 high As for C1 and Statistics but a got a C for C2, so ended up with a really low A for AS Maths overall and I was definitely predicted an A* by the end of A2!! Now that prediction is gone. I want to study Physics at Uni and they all want an A/A* for Maths. And I just blew that chance by getting a C for a module.

AAAC was for Math, Physics, English and Chemistry - in that order. Anyone know what I can do?? Help!! There's no way to resit before applying. And what unis should I be applying to with my grades??

Thanks! (I'm dropping Chemistry btw, and resitting Unit 2 - where I got a shocking E.)
Chemistry is hard.

Maths, retake - tell them you're retaking if you like.

And in reality, there's no such thing as a 'low A'. I could say I got a 'high B' in psychology, but that wouldn't stop it being a B...you earnt that A, be proud of it?
Reply 2
Original post by Crystals1001
I'm so upset because I got AAAC. Chemistry was a C, but I'm even more upset because I got 2 high As for C1 and Statistics but a got a C for C2, so ended up with a really low A for AS Maths overall and I was definitely predicted an A* by the end of A2!! Now that prediction is gone. I want to study Physics at Uni and they all want an A/A* for Maths. And I just blew that chance by getting a C for a module.

AAAC was for Math, Physics, English and Chemistry - in that order. Anyone know what I can do?? Help!! There's no way to resit before applying. And what unis should I be applying to with my grades??

Thanks! (I'm dropping Chemistry btw, and resitting Unit 2 - where I got a shocking E.)

Great set of results in my opinion with one blip! Apply to any university you want! Predicited grades would be A's and A*'s so plenty of opportunity! Be proud of your results!
Reply 3
...You can still get an A/A* in maths.
Reply 4
You have an A over all in maths so it's very possible to get an A or A* at A2.... How can you be disappointed with A's?! Seems a little arrogant in that you want really high A's and are disappointed because they're "low"...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest