The Student Room Group

HELP please unsure about A2 subjects

hi, finished As year and came out with..
Biology - unit 1-A , unit 2-B , ISA-A Overall A

Chemistry - unit 1-C , unit 2-C, ISA-A Overall B

Maths - core 1-C , core 2-C, Mechanics 1b - B Overall C

Physics- unit 1-C , unit 2-B, EMPA - D Overall C

all exams are AQA exam board

i have enrolled onto A2 at my college and taking all 4 subjects onto A2
i need ABB minimum to get into uni, now, i'm unsure if i should now drop Physics. i know the work load would be less and the theory with dropping a subject will mean i am more likely to get higher grades.
this is a bit hard to explain whilst typing... anyway, i revised 3 days before physics unit 2 exam and got the B , maths i could have got a higher grade if the exam wasn't so evil as i was getting A's in all past papers. i understand the theory but it all depends on the exam on the day. which is why i am cautious about dropping physics, what if i drop physics and get a C in maths when i could have got a B instead in physics if i kept it. does that make sense?

i would appreciate any views at all on this as well as your opinion if i should take 3 or 4 subjects into my A2. iI don't really want to drop anything as i love all my subjects (apart from chemistry.... but i can get a decent grade in this subject) thankyou :smile: :confused:
Reply 1
You do make sense and I understand what you're saying - personally I would stick to 3 subjects so you can focus on them more because even if it depends on the exam on the day you still need to revise the theory and 4 subjects would mean more work and possibly more stress! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest