The Student Room Group
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website

Mature Students @Wolves

Hi,

I'm doing SN & IS with Children and Families from Sept. I'm a mature student with children so will be staying at home. I studied previously at Wolves in 2011. Is there any other mature students starting Sept?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, I'm starting the leap course Sept. I'm also a mature student with children staying at home. I've just finished studying at Wolverhampton College.

Would be curious to see how many mature students are around.
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi

I did the Leap, I replied on the Leap thread :smile: The people on leap when I did it were all different age groups. I've only spoke to younger people doing the course I'm doing hope I'm not the only oldy lol :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Ah yes, I remember :smile: I'm OK around younger people; I put my young persons hat on and hope they don't notice I'm the oldie :tongue: If I'm honest I don't feel like I'm in my 30's, just a little less energy as I burnt all that out in my 20's lol.

I'm sure there will be people your age on the course, if not I'm sure the 'young 'uns' will accept you as their own. Optimism is a good thing to have I think :biggrin:
Reply 4
I'm an oldie starting in September, although doing a different course. I am leaving the children at home, can't wait for the break:smile:)

I am staying at home, always worry as I won't be doing the drinking thing as there won't really be time with being a my.

Any of you going to get involved in freshers week?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Hie am a mature student as well with kids will staying home. Will be doing environmental health starting sept. Lets hope l won't be the only one mature in my course, will have to blend in:smile:
Reply 6
I know what you mean these six weeks holidays are sooo slow this year :frown:

Myself personally I'm not sure on what I will be able to do at freshers week; went to a wedding last week and still suffered two days later lol. Plus, my daughter has Chronic Regional Pain Syndrome and she relies on me quite heavily at the moment :redface:

I'm just going to go the first day and see how it all pans out.

Hi myb2010, I think all us 'oldies' are feeling like we are going to stand out, we shall all be fine :smile:
Reply 7
I start in Sept, I'll be a 'mature' student. I don't have any kids but I guess my partner counts as a big one :biggrin:

I'm study Biotechnology, I'll be staying in the City Campus en-suite accommodation and definitely getting involved in Freshers!
Reply 8
No freshers for me too old for all that lol! What campuses are you all at? I'm studying at the Walsall campus, Its smaller than main campus so easier to get around.:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Hello! Im 28 and will be studying Special needs and Inclusion at Walsall campus, im actually going to be living in halls so hopefully ill fit in being older! :smile:
Reply 10
I'm in city campus
Reply 11
I'm at city also, studying Genetics and Molecular Biology.

I might try and pop along to one freshers thing as I have met quite a few people through here, would be nice to meet up before we start.

What type of things are you buying before you start? All the lists I see are for students moving away from home, will be doing my back to school shopping for the kids and buying my own stuff, most odd! Defo an excuse to buy a shiny new bag:wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by ditsy
I'm at city also, studying Genetics and Molecular Biology.

I might try and pop along to one freshers thing as I have met quite a few people through here, would be nice to meet up before we start.

What type of things are you buying before you start? All the lists I see are for students moving away from home, will be doing my back to school shopping for the kids and buying my own stuff, most odd! Defo an excuse to buy a shiny new bag:wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not sure what we would need, was going to wait to see if we will be made aware of anything once started :biggrin:

Oh and as for the shiny new bag, an excuse is never needed. :tongue:
Reply 13
I like to make lists sadly and I can't make a list for uni as I'm not sure what to put on it. Think I'm at a pad, pen and a fancy new bag... although the bag I want is not super strong:/

I'm sure we will find out soon enough, it seems time is going so slow, love my kids but god I can't wait for these holidays to be over and uni to start!!:smile:

I think they have like a freshers fayre thing where you can sign up to do extra things, anyone considering taking on something extra? I have been looking at the language courses, tempted to learn Italian:smile:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Tbh the only things we will really need are notebooks, I used one for each different module to make notes or buy a pukka pad. Pens, highlighters and pencils also a bag :smile:
Don't buy any books just borrow them from library they have enough copies of each book at the Uni.
All mine start back at school on different dates from 3rd upto 18th! I fed up of hearing I'm bored lol.
Has anyone been to course induction day yet?
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
I thought all induction days were in the first week? I have not even enrolled yet! I need to pop in very soon and get it done.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
I'm not sure when induction day is either. However, I will be enrolling tomorrow so if I can find any extra info out I will let you know (that's if you need me to)
Reply 17
When I did the leap, we all went in for a day before we started I'm sure they used to do it for all courses. I'm going tomorrow myself so will ask then but thank you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
You all going to Wolves to enrol? It says I can go to the Telford one, will do it at some point this week. Need to upload another pic as I don't think mine is suitable.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Im going to Walsall to enrol but you can go to any campus to enrol. My pic from uni last year was horrible they managed to squash my face:lolwut:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending