The Student Room Group

Leicester Medical Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by beansontoast92
Hey does anyone here know if being interviewed earlier means that theres a higher chance of getting an offer??
Im asking because i have an interview in jan but i may not be able to make it and if i reschedule til february thats when the last batch of interviews are. i dont wanna reschedule to feb if theres a lower chance of getting an offer compared to jan
Please can someone give me advice urgently as i have to confirm :smile:

Doesn't make a difference. They just have several days of interviews. That's why thy wait till March to inform you because they want to see everyone first :-)
Hey does anyone here know if being interviewed earlier means that theres a higher chance of getting an offer??
Im asking because i have an interview in jan but i may not be able to make it and if i reschedule til february thats when the last batch of interviews are. i dont wanna reschedule to feb if theres a lower chance of getting an offer compared to jan
Please can someone give me advice urgently as i have to confirm :smile:

Sorry is this an a101 interview? What is your application score (out of 25) and what date is your interview? :-)
Original post by HCAssistant93
Doesn't make a difference. They just have several days of interviews. That's why thy wait till March to inform you because they want to see everyone first :-)

Really do they wait til March?? I noticed on last years stalking page that most people interview in December got a decision in January.
And I'm an undergrad applying to A100 with 59.5 points

Posted from TSR Mobile
Really do they wait til March?? I noticed on last years stalking page that most people interview in December got a decision in January.
And I'm an undergrad applying to A100 with 59.5 points

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ye I know some are given out sooner after interview but not all of them. Most come in march
Original post by Magician
As I'm coming at the end of my undergrad life, I'll be very happy to answer any Leicester medicine related questions!

Good luck to all those applying :smile:

Hey.
Umm.. I have applied to leicester this year and have an interview in 2 weeks. It would be great if you could tell me a little bit about the written communication and calculation station. The email is quite vague and I don't know how to go about preparing for these stations. I am currently doing A levels. So should i revise AS maths or it will be just general maths.

Looking forward to your reply. Thank you in advance. :confused:
Original post by kynasukh
Hey.
Umm.. I have applied to leicester this year and have an interview in 2 weeks. It would be great if you could tell me a little bit about the written communication and calculation station. The email is quite vague and I don't know how to go about preparing for these stations. I am currently doing A levels. So should i revise AS maths or it will be just general maths.

Looking forward to your reply. Thank you in advance. :confused:

remember not everyone has done a level maths
Original post by HCAssistant93

I would like to think you are correct, but I know people who have been interviewed AND had an offer before I have even got a chance to attend the interview....

So, if they're offering places before interviewing other applicant, they must have a higher chance because they're unlikely to make the same % of offers to late interviewees as early interviewees as they could surely end up over subscribing the course, no?
Original post by kane92
I would like to think you are correct, but I know people who have been interviewed AND had an offer before I have even got a chance to attend the interview....

So, if they're offering places before interviewing other applicant, they must have a higher chance because they're unlikely to make the same % of offers to late interviewees as early interviewees as they could surely end up over subscribing the course, no?

They only make offers to very high scorers who will get an offer regardless. Those who may have scores beaten by later applicants won't get offers until all the scores are in.
Original post by ForestCat
They only make offers to very high scorers who will get an offer regardless. Those who may have scores beaten by later applicants won't get offers until all the scores are in.

I don't know.. I know someone who is applying to the same medical school as me, who studied a degree in the same class as me, who scored lower than me and has less work experience than me. She got an interview date earlier than me and was made an offer. I'm still waiting to have my interview early Feb.

This girl is definitely not a high scorer.
Original post by kane92
I don't know.. I know someone who is applying to the same medical school as me, who studied a degree in the same class as me, who scored lower than me and has less work experience than me. She got an interview date earlier than me and was made an offer. I'm still waiting to have my interview early Feb.

This girl is definitely not a high scorer.

High scorers at interview. Not necessarily pre-interview.
Original post by ForestCat
High scorers at interview. Not necessarily pre-interview.

Oh, I see what you mean. Yes, that may well be the case.
HI

Does anybody know which textbooks are recommended?

Thanks
hi guys, is the total still out of 60 or is it out of 68 now

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending