The Student Room Group

Gray's anatomy for students

Obviously I'm going to wait till after I've stated and work out what I need. But Gray's seems very cheap and it's rather old old. Are they bringing out a new edition any time soon?
The second edition is from 2009, isn't it? Not that old :p:
Reply 2
Original post by TattyBoJangles
The second edition is from 2009, isn't it? Not that old :p:

But the first one is 2005 so not much of a gap.
Reply 3
The second edition is pretty good, it's not the original black-and white etchings any more, they're full colour. It's quite wordy and the clinical relevance side of things is a little lacking compared to, say, Moore and Agur. If you want an atlas, I've worked through most of the ones in the library and Netter is by far the prettiest :biggrin:
Original post by Hippokrates
But the first one is 2005 so not much of a gap.

Oh, I see what you mean; I thought you were just looking at the first edition.

Not sure if another one's due out. I've got it already as my parents got a bit excited and bought me a pile of books for my birthday, but perhaps just do what you say; wait until you start before seeing if you need your own copy.
Reply 5
Original post by Hippokrates
x

Original post by TattyBoJangles
Oh, I see what you mean; I thought you were just looking at the first edition.

Not sure if another one's due out. I've got it already as my parents got a bit excited and bought me a pile of books for my birthday, but perhaps just do what you say; wait until you start before seeing if you need your own copy.

For Nottingham, the anatomy book is just about the only thing you'll absolutely need to buy for first year - there's only a very limited number of loan copies, although there are plenty of atlases in the reference section. Some people use Grays, some Moore and Agur and some Netter - so long as you can learn well from it, any is appropriate. I think the faculty recommends Moore and Agur?
Reply 6
Gray's anatomy is a classic a must have.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending